Acura Legend Forum banner

Engine Ticking sound

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  car2n 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have this problem with two Legends that own. The first was a 1987 Acura Legend. At 175,000 miles suddenly the engine would make a ticking sound like noisy lifters. It would come and go. I checked the oil pressure and it was fine. I then bought a 1994 Legend. It was fine for a while but then the noisy lifter sound developed. Some days the engine sounds beautiful but periodically it gets really noisy. Has anyone had this problem with there Legend? Let me know if you have and if you have the fix let me know. Thanks. Jason

#3 ·
#4 ·
my other legend had this problem. it sounded like some old POS cavalier when you got to about 3k rpm. thats why i would drive really slow to keep it quiet. lol the only time i would gas it more is if i floored it, the engine drowned out all the noise at WOT. now theres nothing you can do about it unless you pretty much tear apart half the engine.

#9 ·
I HATE the lifter ticking noise. Even if you have a nice looking G1 and when you start it up it makes that noise, you just feel like hiding :hide: LOL.

Was never able to get it to go away on our '90. Came with age (at around 140k). After it warmed up it didn't make the noise anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.