Acura Legend Forum banner

B/C 6 cars is never enough.. My new Teg project + future turbo build

15K views 109 replies 19 participants last post by  reboticon 
#1 ·
Yes thats right, everyone needs at least seven cars. Bonus points if at least half of them are multicolored or primer colored!:rofl:

This is my new 91 integra. I just picked it up for $500. It has a completely dead cylinder but i was still able to drive it 40 miles home. The cylinder is filled with oil and has 0 compression so its either got a broken ring or a hole in the piston.

Lucky for me, for anyone following my previous civic build, I have a great condition B18a1 from a 91 Integra sitting in my garage already, that I paid $200 for.

Car - $500
Engine - $200
Total so far - $700

See less See more
#11 ·
Yeah i know :( i just got home with it and the light was fading. Got one pic off before my phone needed a 10 min recharge to take more and it was too dark

Maybe you can smash all these cars together into one awesome super-car. I'll get the hammer...
You are so close, you don't even realize. I am building Voltron, bitches!

picking up my new 93 DA with a 1st gen b16. obd1. ls trans. greddy sp1 exhaust (wanna buy it?) and aem cold air (probably sellin that too)

awesome.. now we're teg buddies as well as... those emails.. haha
I doubt i could afford anything greddy or AEM.. Obviously im a quantity over quality kind of guy:bigok: Glad you mentioned that email, was a little worried with no response:giggle:

nice DA9, is it 5spd
Nah its an auto. Ive got an extra auto tranny and an extra cable tranny as well but with the cost of a clutch and finding a pedal assemby, im going to work on getting it to the 225HP mark - thats where the autos grenade - and the body first.

So, what's the Teg gonna get? lol
Well, I think im going to work on the interior/exterior a little first, as soon as i swap the motor. Ill do that either tomorrow or friday depending on the weather. Its got manual windows and manual locks.. I haven't decided if i should swap them for autos? It saves quite a bit of weight have them manual and they don't ice up as often..

What do you guys think??? Convert to power windows/locks? convert one? neither? Input wanted.

Ive never had an import coupe before and with so many different light and body kit choices, Im worried I may rice it up if i don't get input on choices first..

Since the car is auto and I want torque down low, Im probably going to have the head ported and run the T3/T4 turbo I originally got for my civic. Its relatively small and from the turbo graphs ive been researching it should spool very quickly and put torque right where the automatic wants it.

The crazy thing about this build, is that i am going to tune it ( at least to begin with) 100% southern style.. That means staying OBD0, ordering the different $10 jun/spoon chips off ebay, throwing in 320cc prelude injectors, and using an aquarium valve for some boost control. ( Did i mention I actually got 2 of these motors for that $200? Im dead set on blowing up at least one of them!!) Its a lot more doable then it sounds though, since these cars still use distributors, its not like tuning the legend.

#3 ·
So, what's the Teg gonna get? lol

#5 ·
Nice combo find, my nephew is a huge fan of integra's it will be cool to see what you do to it.

#7 ·
picking up my new 93 DA with a 1st gen b16. obd1. ls trans. greddy sp1 exhaust (wanna buy it?) and aem cold air (probably sellin that too)

awesome.. now we're teg buddies as well as... those emails.. haha

#10 ·
Nice score! I hate those damn auto seat belts though!

#12 ·
haha sorry about that. was out the door when i checked it.

everything looks nice. haha

but yeah.. integra.. diggin it. haha

#14 ·
Second car i ever tried to build was a 53 chevy (same as late 40s chevy). I was 17 and put every dime i had into it. Had a decent 305 with a 350 turbo trans ready to drop in.. Dropped it in... Realized the driveshaft on pre55 chevys is actually encased in a shell that is filled with oil.. You can not match up a pre 55 chevy to an after 55 motor. You have to cut the rear leaf springs off and weld in new perches and get a rear end from a 79-86 cutlass or GM equivalent, or just got a 12 bolt and have custom length axles made... Seriously that was one of the worst days of my life when i found that out. I had spent all fucking summer with bondo and an orbital sander. My garage had a pink tint to it for months.

My voltron is anatomically correct with a civic sized cock.:rofl:

Turns out - my title is a sham. 6 cars apparently, is enough. That is the point when the neighbors start calling you and saying get rid of something or we'll have the court do it.:(

That means its the end of the Taurus SHO. The way that car is put together is just too fucking stupid. Half of it is metric and half of it is SAE. The motor is bitchin but everything else is Ford Non-Truck and therefore, garbage.

#17 ·
I miss my okd teggy. I wonder if B+O remember mine

#20 ·
:rofl: I actually didn't mind the garages new paint scheme at the time, but that was when i was 17 and living at my parents house.. For some reason they did not appreciate having a pink washer and dryer, pink bycicles, pink yard tools, etc etc. It was kind of like that Dr. Seuss book.. I cant remember which one but it had a sea of pink that overtook everything:giggle:

#24 ·
Lol and the fun part begins.

#25 ·
man.. i am still waiting on my 93 da.. i think you'll be stoked when you see it.

oh yeah.. its got GSR blades on it.. oh yeah

#26 ·
man.. i am still waiting on my 93 da.. i think you'll be jealous when you see it.

oh yeah.. its got GSR blades on it.. oh yeah
I fixed it for you:lol: This one is rollin on stock steelies. It sucks now because after the exhaust and strut bars, im broke for a bit. I cut up all my credit cards a while ago when everything went to shit, and im lusting to go ahead and get a cat-back stainless system ordered now!

#27 ·
Alright, I need some opinions, please. I just got these off of craigslist for $20. Even if i don't use them, thats a steal. What do you guys think? Too ricey? I was thinking of using them and then blacking them out? I want some opinions here!

Attachments

#29 ·
ehehe no no spoiler probably ever. I actually think the JDM headlights look kinda ugly and out of place on these cars, so id like to use these tails and then black out all the lights. I am leaning towards a ricey front end body kit though. With the screens in the grill.. Not as ricey as the big boxy low riding kind, and ill need room for an intercooler if i want to keep my A/C..

#30 ·
I think Euro tails only look good on WHITE cars, so ur gud. And since the thread is hijacked and u seem to be a Honda guru of some sort, I need help with my brothers/soon to be mine 91 Prelude Si 4WS. Its a SEXY ASS car (black with peanut butter interior) but the stock B21 (i think) block is shot to hell and I cant find a replacement anywhere! Any other motors fit in there without ridiculous moification? (like say an F22 Vtec sitting in my shop)

#32 · (Edited)
A B21, Those aren't real B series engines so really nothing is interchangeable.. An H22/F22 will bolt in with a Place Racing mount kit and a conversion harness/ecu and 92+ prelude shift cables. Im not that familiar with the H and F series, but you would want to run it as OBD1 because converting an OBD0 car all the way to OBD2 is insane and requires drilling the fueltank and other nonsense. So if there is a pre 96 ecu that works for your F22 then yeah it will bolt in with a mount kit. Is the block in the car shot or do you just mean you have a worn out engine? Im pretty sure i can find you a wornout complete engine for a few hundred dollars.

man this sounds and looks like fun. Some advice, go find yourself a good ys1 gsr tranny. One of the shortest gear ratios honda made, and man is it fun to drive with.
hmm maybe later on down the line if i really love the car, but those trannies cost almost as much as I have in this project! Low buck (ie poor) thats how i roll!:lol:

#34 ·
jdmcarboy.com

or ebay.

jdm tails are CHEAP.. and are red clear. (fakes looks legit enough, but reals are amazing)

if you don't like jdm headlights. polish out your regular lights. and look into solid amber corners( mines got jdm head and tails on it, plan on selling the heads to go for amber corners) and going panda

again i say wait on exhaust. i may not like the greddy on my teg. and may sell it cheap.. we'll see whats up.

#36 ·
I checked a 90 prelude at the yard today, but someone had already yanked the motor :(

I also picked this up today, off craigslist (do i shop anywhere else??) for $40. Its slightly used but for $40 i couldnt say no, especially when its the missing turbo build link.

Disficktauf- what do you mean "going panda?"

#37 ·
Well it was a pretty nice day today, so i decided to go ahead and pull the motor. It did not go quite as easily as planned, and ended up taking me way longer than I thought it would. The extra 6 inches length on the auto tranny really makes for a pain when you are trying to hoist it out. The tranny mount wants to catch every time.

The biggest problem i ran into was the most insanely tight ball joint I have ever faced. I strugged with it for 3 hours. Tried two different jawed pullers I had, then the Pickle fork, then I went to autozone and bought a pitman arm puller, and the damn thing was so tight in there that the grips on the pitman literally ripped off the metal edge holds on the lower control arm. At this point, I went to my #1 trusted tool. My Sawzall. No more ball joint. Ill have to find a replacement later, but on the Teg they are held into the spindles with snap rings instead of being pressed in like the civic.

#38 ·
ooooh progress.. panda.. white car. black hood, hatch, front bumper. and possibly from the mouldings down.

like a panda bear.

#39 ·
I don't think ive ever seen a car like that before, i can't really picture what it would look like. Ive never been a fan of cars that are one color and have just the hood painted black/carbon fiber. I think it looks ugly.. What you are talking about is different and im curious to see.

This is what I would like mine to look like when im finished, except white.

#40 ·

didn't do the hatch since you can't see it well in this pic. but a quick photoshop of my plans for my DA

#42 ·
I think its because we have no emission testing here, so if it will drive, its on the road, but i just can't dig the black hood like that.. Maybe if the roof were black also. Its just so common here to see cars that are 2-3 different colors, from being wrecked, that they just feel like projects to me.. In fact its not really clear from the first of my car, but the hood is silver, not white like the rest:lol: It looks good though, its just I have never owned a car that was really nice mechanically AND had a nice single color paint job, and im starting to want one.

If I saved up money to paint my DA, I would spend it to buy another project car:( Found a way around that though, just sold/traded the taurus SHO to an autopainter for $500 and his labor on a good paint job (ill buy the paint)

@Sap - im glad you like the green one, some people have told me its a little ricey but I don't care, i think it looks sick! I know some people don't like the mesh grills but im going to have to do something to fit that intercooler in there and keep A/C.

I think its funny everyone with a Legend wants to replace the amber corners with clears and everyone with a teg wants to replace the clear corners with amber!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.