NSX engine in a Legend - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications Discuss Engine and performance modifications from intake to suspension to rotors to etc. :)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-02, 12:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: Fast and Sexy

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LegendTypeRKon
NSX WASTE

I alwayz wanted to do this but I just realized all this money for a crappy 60HP and18 lbs of torque....
get NOS, u'll be so much faster
LegendTypeRKon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-02, 01:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 Legend GS
Car 2: 05 Wrangler LJ
Car 3: 04 FX35 AWD

Send a message via AIM to Mtnduey Send a message via Yahoo to Mtnduey
Well, if you could find a way to mate up the NSX 3.2L to the 6spd FWD tranny (advanced adapters or whoever) then a Custom Hood wouldnt be out of the question IMO. I think it would be totaly doable for having an NSX engine in there.

I'm just kicking myself though. A few years ago I found a company that did engine swaps, etc... and they had a 3.2L DOHC Imported motor with adapter plate to go to either the Legend Auto or 6spd tranny. This was back when I was at my old landlords place who had a 94' L coupe.

Hehe, of course it might be just as easy to get a wrecked NSX w/o body and toss on your body to the NSX platform and just ditch the trunk, back seat, or partial both and call it a day! lol, wouldnt that be nice.

One day, when I win that lawsuit against my company for discrimination against the disabled, unfair labor practices, and whatever category lies about company disability policies falls under I'll be ready to build my sweet mechanics garage out on some quiet 50-100 acre property with a custom road race track on it hehe, wouldnt that be nice. Might need more acreage tho hehe, *watches powerball numbers.....doh! no matches*

Good luck!
Old 11-12-02, 01:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
**n*s**k

Car 1: 1991 White Sedan

Send a message via AIM to ogmius
I would think that since the mid-mounted NSX engine is putting power to the rear wheels, and the front mounted Legend engine puts power to the front wheels, then it would be possible. But then again, that's just me thinking.

BTW, isn't the G1 legend engine horizontally situated? once I get my first 100 grand, I'm gonna do this!
Old 11-12-02, 06:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Get real !!

Get real everyone - It can't ben done. if you have unlimited amounts of money and are stupid enough then you might be able to get an NSX engine into a Legend, but you'd end up with a pile of S**t !!

Later legend engines were 230hp, NSX is 270hp - so all that work for just 40hp !!
Legend Engines and NSX engines are mounted differently
Legend Engine is FWD drive, the drive shafts go through the sump.
NSX is RWD
No room for the NSX's manifolds.
Legend is a big heavy car - NSX is a lightweight Aluminium bodied sports car.

So you would have to get the NSX engine - re-engineer the drive shafts, modify the sump and engine block to accomodate the drive shafts, take the Headers off the NSX engine and fit, hmmmm, what can we fit ? Yeah those old Legend headers may just do the job. Oh now we need a new ECU, again the old Legend ECU may just fit, and so on and so on, and what do you end up with - A Legend with a modified engine, that isnt as good as the original engine.

If you want a faster car, go out and buy a faster car, there are plenty of them around !! But there will always be someone who has a faster one !!
AlanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-02, 10:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Limited Quantities
3D Car Driver Champion, 5 In A Row Champion, Astro Cave Champion, Battle Bots Champion, Break Into The Crowd Champion, Blackjack Champion, Gates To Bleed 2 Champion, Playing With Fire Champion, Buzzgame Champion, Day In The Park Champion, Dragon Force Champion, Flying Gonzo Champion, Gem Mania Champion, Jail Bird Man Champion, Long Jump Lite Champion, Lunar Mouse House 2 Champion

Car 1: 2004 Acura TL 6-sp
Car 2: GONE-95 Legend L 2dr

Send a message via ICQ to Crazy Cuban Send a message via AIM to Crazy Cuban Send a message via Yahoo to Crazy Cuban
ok then .. let's keep this simple ..

drop in an 350 .. small / big block don't matter .. let's just do it old muscle sytle!
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="debbiewhelan@bellsouth.net"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Help Pay For Forum"><input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="forum1234"><input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0"><input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but21.gif" border="0" name="I1" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!" width="110" height="23"></form>
There is only one LEGEND! We may never see another one like it!
Crazy Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-02, 05:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Car 1: Godzilla:
Car 2: Tokyo
Car 3: Attack!

Send a message via AIM to 95Legend6Spd
Alan J, you're my new hero - another smartass on the forums besides me... and direct and to the point!

| Previous: 1995 Legend Coupe, 6-Speed 1998-2002 |
95Legend6Spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 12:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
**n*s**k

Car 1: 1991 White Sedan

Send a message via AIM to ogmius
The new NSXs put out 290 HP. Even if doesn't make much sense to do it, wouldn't it just be cool to do it (if you've got that kind of money/patience)?
ogmius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 08:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Car 1: .

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by ogmius
The new NSXs put out 290 HP. Even if doesn't make much sense to do it, wouldn't it just be cool to do it (if you've got that kind of money/patience)?
Exactly what I was about to say. Then you have all the aftermarket for the NSX engine. My god Comptech could make the car push 500hp at the crank!!!
Later!
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeprlegendcp View Post
You know what is funny about all of this? Acura-Legend.com is not even the best URL for this forum.
sleeprlegendcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 09:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Car 1: searching for another Legend

Send a message via AIM to Kasteman
I have been toying with this idea (with no hope financially) but what I can say is that for those that say "all that work for only this much horsepower and torque" do not take into account the power curves and torque curves that NSX motors produce.. I don't even know the redline but i'm positive it's more than 6.5k RPM. Theoretically, if you took a bone-stock 270 hp NSX engine and somehow put it into a Legend i'm sure 90% of the users on this forum would be SPEECHLESS driving it.
I'm sure there are plenty of people with money to throw around that would love to do it just to spite those who say it can't be one.
I'm not saying I know how to do the swap or anything, but IMO it would be worth EVERY PENNY to do it.
IF YOU'RE GONNA GO, GO ALL OUT!

2nd Generation FAQ...Click here
Kasteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-02, 12:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Honda Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by jason520
Won't a supercharger wreck our engines?
No sir, it will not. These motors are very strong, the only weak link being the HG. I am running NOS, no probs, a S/C is the same thing, except always there for you.
If the S/C does work out, even a 50% boost will give you a pee-pee hard on.
SNEEK-E HONDA KA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 08:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
LegeNd-SX car2n's dream

Car 1: 1988 acura legend
Car 2: Legend+NSX=LegeNd-Sx
Car 3: Comptech SC

While doing my research before building the LegeNd-SX I never run in to this thread, I'm glad now I can say it is possible and is not a piece of S**T, it's a very nice piece of work and also for a super tribuite to my son Isai who was very enthusiast of the Legend legacy.

In memory of my son Isai "car2n"
car2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) > Engine & Performance Modifications