oldie to Acuras - newbie to the forum - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in and tell us about yourself and about your car.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-16, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 legend LS
Car 2: 1988 Legend L

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
oldie to Acuras - newbie to the forum

Purchased my first Acura Legend in 1989 - an new LS sedan. I loved the car so much I purchase a used 86 to drive to work. After that rusted away I picked up an 88 to take it's place. That was a nice car until my girlfriend - at the time - daughter smashed the hood.

Anyway, I pulled the 89 out of the barn and decided to get her running again. She sat in the barn for 6 years but flushed the tank and fuel lines and she started right up. Before I start to actively drive it though, I want to change the water pump and timing belt - which is why I am here. I know I will have questions while doing this. I have rebuilt old Pontiac engines - 350 and a 389 - so not a rookie around engines.

starter Question - any specific tool I should be looking at to hold the cam shaft gears in place while pulling the belt.
salemsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions