DIY: IAC Cleaning - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-10, 03:39 AM   #31 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura Legend 4drs

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
It's good for smooth idling.
sdgayoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-11, 09:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Acura Legend

I'm going to try this to see if it will help. My problem isn't exaclty high idle its a surging idle. If I unplug the IAC it idles down to normal but wants to die when put in gear. I am also getting an IAC Code. I have checked the voltage in the power supply and the signal wire and all was good. Any other ideas would be much appreciated.
bbutler0817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 09:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Legend LS Coupe
Car 2: 00 Ford Excursion

My car dies when I unplug the IACV everytime whether it is warm or cold. I am cleaning it now and will see what happens...
Jbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 01:30 PM   #34 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend
Car 2: 1999 Sebring Convert
Car 3: 1988 Mazda Rx7

On one end of the IAC there is a small plug which can be removed with an allen wrench. If you are careful don't lose the very small plastic washer when you remove it. We cleaned that up, plus the spring behind it. May not be totally necessary to remove the plug, but it seemed to be the right thing to do. Got it real clean and seems to be an improvement. We will remove the intake manifold and clean all the passages and then replace when we are ready to install our refurbished injectors. Also, replaced all the ignition coils. At 373K we were not sure the old stuff was worth keeping. So far running pretty well. Cleaning the intake should be the final step if the EGR is still ok.
Raceboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 12:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Legend GS

uh oh.

Hiya,
Ok I tried this wonderful DIY thinking it might help the problem I've been having with the car shutting off as soon as I let go of the accelerator. I think i did it correctly, but it seems like I made the problem much worse. Maybe I didn't clean it out well enough? (Best way anyone?)
but now when I start the car (have to jump it :| ) It still does the same thing, but my heat temp shot way up. I turned the car off before it past the middle heat mark and it continued all the way up to red line even after I shut it off.
I'm thinking I should stick to computers not cars, but does anyone have some advice on a remedy?
Thanks so much!
Hailshooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 02:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Another 3.5er

Car 1: Gold '95 G2 Acura Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JonsLegend
You have other issues. This just helps with an erratic idle. List what exactly is going on with your car.

Last edited by 4HondaOwner; 05-14-12 at 07:32 PM.
JonsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 05:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Premium Well Wisher

Car 1: '94 GS KA7 6MT
Car 2: '91 L KA7 4AT

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
when u spray the openings with TB cleaner, where does the buildup go, bottom of IM? no need to worry about chunks etc?

'94 GS 6MT - Apexi SAFCII, sr5guy Stage 3, Blackend engine damper, MLS Copy strut tower bar, sr79labrat pulleys, OBX headers, custom Y-pipe, Magnaflow Cat & Resonator, Stromung catback, TB Bypass, RJ CAI w/ AEM bypass, XD/S rotors, KYB/Eibach's, RJ short shifter, ground wires

Kenwood DDX6019 w/ NAV + Ipod, Alpine Type-S speakers, 2-tone leather, JDM headlights & rain visors, Alpha Touring grill, Mugen pedals, paint job, '91-'93 OEM fogs + bumper, new OEM floor mats, 17" Konigs
GrtOutdoorsAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs