1989 Acura Legend LS Tranny Slippage - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)

First Generation Legend (1986-1990) Discuss the 1st Generation Honda/Acura Legend (US 8

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-17, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 Acura Legend LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1989 Acura Legend LS Tranny Slippage

I just had the transmission fluid changed, no issue for 2 months. I was driving up an incline, lost power, RPMs at 5000, limited power. This seems to happens in all gears. I push on the accelerator, limited power, high RPMS. Is this transmission slipping? I have no issue shifting from Park to Drive, or Reverse. What could be the cause. Its 28 years old, original transmission. Could it be the electronic Idle control Module or shift solenoids. If so, where are they located on this car? Could the filter mesh inside be clogged. The tranny fluid was fine, when I changed it. The level is up to the top hole. I need to find a trusted shop, without paying an arm and leg. A trans shop will always say it needs a new tranny. Please advise.
bdgabriel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-17, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I'm new to this and I am not sure how to post. I'm not meaning to reply. I have a 1994 Acura Legend Sedan. I'm looking for an engine oil cooler with 4 ports for 4 lines. Acura discontinued the part and I'm having difficulty locating a used one. If anyone can help please let me know. I don't want to have to junk it because I can't find the part. It is a round component on the front of the engine. Also is there a way to bypass it?
AngieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)