My ignition switch key will not turn on my 1989 Acura Legend.
I have tried a number of suggestions:
1. the parking brake is on...no luck
2. I have tried put it in neutral with my foot on the brake...no luck
3. I have tried banging on the key a little...no luck
4. I have wiggled the steering wheel and the key and tried the spare key...no luck
5. I have sprayed some WD40...no luck
Any other ideas? Any thought on how likely it is that making a new key will help?
I am fairly mechanical and I am thinking about trying to replace the ignition switch myself. Has anyone done that successfully?
Thanks in advance for your help.