Main Relay Fuse - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)

First Generation Legend (1986-1990) Discuss the 1st Generation Honda/Acura Legend (US 8

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-07, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 89 Acura Legend
Car 2: 01 Hyundai Accent
Car 3: 95 Grand Marquis

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Main Relay Fuse

Does anyone no where the Main Relay fuse is I know it's under my steering column but I cant find it My car wont start when it gets real hot outside anyone?>
89legend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-07, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 Sedan L. and 1990 Sedan LS
Car 2: 1991 Sedan L

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
It's a black box about the size of a small pack of US cigarettes ...it will be marked Mitsuba RZ-0063 or 0064. It's almost directly above the brake pedal ...WAYYYY up under the dash. You'l have to lay the driver seat-back down, and lay on your back with you head resting on the brake pedal ..in order to get both hands up there. Only one bolt holds it in place, but rather than taking the bolt out (it's a b**tch to get out, and then put back in) ...try using a long, flat-blade screwdriver to work up inside the relay between where the connector plugs in, and the black plastic case ...you should be able to pull the innards out of the relay case a lot easier than removing the entire relay. When you do get it out, check for bad solder joints ...you should be able to re-solder them to repair the relay. Also ...don't get hosed for an Acura part ...you can buy this relay from most autoparts stores, or you can get one from a wrecker. Honda used this same relay in most of their cars from the late 80's to early 90's. I replaced mine with one out of a wrecked 88 civic hatchback!! By the way, the relay removal tip above was posted some time ago by another member ...
digger89L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)