Help VSA Light ???????? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)

First Generation RL (1996-2004)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-07, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 2001 audi a4 sold
Car 2: 1999 acura rl

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Help VSA Light ????????

whats an vsa light it came on my car todai idk wat it means or anything
how can i turn it off also when i press the button for the tcs nothing shows on the cluster is it suppose to show something thanks
1999acurarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-07, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car 1: 2004 Acura 3.5RL
Car 2: 2005 Chevy Tahoe z71

Send a message via AIM to J Witherspoon
VSA = Vehicle Stability Assist

just means you turned it off, or the system detected slippage in one the wheels and it activated.
uh if im not mistaken, TCS and VSA are the same thing
J Witherspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

well hnic
i press the tcs button but nothing happens i also took out the fuse for the tcs but the vsa light still on
i guess i have to go to autozone check it out
Old 01-22-07, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 03 GS300, LS430 coming
Car 2: 95 GS3 sold,SC250TT
Car 3: 02 DENALI

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
u know from 1999 and up but i am not sure till when the Rl had a suspension problem on mine all the lights comes on VSA ,check engine ,TCS, airbags,ABS ,i mean all the lights
they replace the ABS modulator and accumulator,replace tCS system ,replace Alternator the VSA system almost everything was replace the light went away and came back 2weeks later,and now it was coming loke every 2 days i just sold her and that was it.The car was in the shop for a year

SC250TT 350RWHP
JZS160, JZS147 SOLD,
QuickLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

damnn
i hope i dont have to do that
vsa is usuall balance between your wheels i think like one of the wheels need traction idk i ma go tomorrow and get it check it
Old 01-22-07, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
there was some hearsay about the rear ABS wheel sensors going bad intermittently on RLs and those sensors tie in with just about ever traction system on the car. have all the ABS sensors checked out.

TCS is power modulation and VSA is brake modulation TCS works to reduce engine power when it's slippery, VSA works the brakes to adjust the cars pitch angle and slip in slippery conditions.

VSA works by applying the inside rear in understeer conditions and outside front in oversteer conditions.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
my tsc light went off a few times when I had my RL.

I didn't notice a damn thing, it still drove like a big boat.
91LegendCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

so you saying that the abs sensors causing my vsa light to go off

as for the tcs i tryied it when it was rainning to see and it does work first u hear a tire burn and u try to do it again and it doesnt do it got better traction but it was movin slow as hell
Old 01-22-07, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999acurarl View Post
so you saying that the abs sensors causing my vsa light to go off

as for the tcs i tryied it when it was rainning to see and it does work first u hear a tire burn and u try to do it again and it doesnt do it got better traction but it was movin slow as hell

almost certain. the VSA uses the traction control system and brake system to do its work. there's some Accelerometers and yaw sensors in the equation too, but the most important parts of the system that have a service life are the ABS Sensors. cleaning them might even do the trick. it's likely one of them is faulty.

The reason is if you go into a skid the VSA sends that brake force to certain wheels, but it doesn't modulate it, it send it there and the ABS has to keep the wheel from locking up.

If you've got at least one good rear ABS sensor the TCS will work, but not optimally...ideally it shouldn't have let the tire spin more than a half second before it cut power. it shouldn't spin for more than a SPLIT second, and definitely shouldn't react only after you've let off the throttle once before. Not even the G2's traction control system is that lazy.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
almost certain. the VSA uses the traction control system and brake system to do its work. there's some Accelerometers and yaw sensors in the equation too, but the most important parts of the system that have a service life are the ABS Sensors. cleaning them might even do the trick. it's likely one of them is faulty.

The reason is if you go into a skid the VSA sends that brake force to certain wheels, but it doesn't modulate it, it send it there and the ABS has to keep the wheel from locking up.

If you've got at least one good rear ABS sensor the TCS will work, but not optimally...ideally it shouldn't have let the tire spin more than a half second before it cut power. it shouldn't spin for more than a SPLIT second, and definitely shouldn't react only after you've let off the throttle once before. Not even the G2's traction control system is that lazy.

well i tried it againt todai for my tcs and u were right i pressed on the gas and the wheels spin for like not even 1 sec and it stopped but it felt like it was losing power but no light came on tho
Old 12-08-12, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car 1: 01 corolla
Car 2: 05 SRT-4
Car 3: 04 RL

i kno this is an old post but i just recently started having the same problem... i just put my stock rims back on and i just got some new used tires put on the rear for the winter.. the tires in the rear are slightly smaller theyre 215 as oppose to the stock 225 the car is supposed to use, do u think this could cause the problem as well ??
Mr.KA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)