Transmission - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)

First Generation RL (1996-2004)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-12, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1997 Acura 3.5 rl

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Transmission

My 1997 Acura 3.5rl has 119k miles. I was inspecting the front brakes for wear, I removed the neg cable, raised vehicle, took off front left wheel. Brakes were good, put wheel back on, lowered vehicle, hooked up neg cable, started engine, set code, put in D4 moved forward to remove chock from back wheel, put in Park, removed chock, got back in put in D4 to move forward to park for the day moved forward a few feet and when I put selector in park the indicator stayed in D4 but the shifter moved into park. D4 started flashing but indicator was in park. Shut off engine and kept trying to move shifter but it would not let me. Manual said to put key in slot next to shifter to disengage shifter did so and shifter moved but could not get D4 to stop flashing but shifter moves range top to bottom but now engine won't start, turns over, but neutral switch must be stuck in D4. The car has been driving great with no problems. I lifted the car up again and the front wheel drive wheels are not locked up and move freely. Is there something that I can do to adjust the neutral switch or cable or something else?
zorro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-12, 05:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: Audi A3

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hi all i had same this problem with my toyota but now my transmission is give the problem so i want to get some tips about transmission.
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)