VSA light on! - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)

First Generation RL (1996-2004)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-10, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 2002 3.5RL

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
VSA light on!

Hey Guys,
Strange thing happened a few days ago... While driving on our beautiful city freeways my VSA light came up, both in the center and on the top right gauge cluster...
I read the Acura RL manual on the VSA topic but I could NOT get anybody to check a code for me, so I had to take my 2002 RL to the stealer where I have been informed of a $675.00 charge to replace my steering wheel sensor, which COULD be the problem...Hmmmm!
Anybody, any idea on how to go about this in a cheaper and more re-assuring way?
Thanks
shmekerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-10, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: Kat - '95 KA8 T2 LS
Car 2: Jade - '95 KA7 T2 GS
Car 3: '87 KA3 LS - Donated

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Sound like a common issue with the RL models. Here is a post from the past of a member having the same issue. It seems it will be a real PITA to try and isolate the problem/s that is causing the warning light. Here is the thread:

So this is what a VSA is"

VSA stands for "Vehicle Stability Assist." An onboard computer monitors various stability factors. If it detects an event such as the beginning of a skid, the computer instantly responds by controlling the engine rpm and the brakes to correct the condition. The VSA system can be overridden by depressing a button on the dash causing the VSA icon to remain lit indicating the system is not active."

VSA Light and Traction control (NO FIX)

I hope you find the problem and fix it...

Here is another review from another site that had similar situation with their 04 TL.

"I have a 04 TL the VSA light and warning light started coming on at various times a couple of weeks ago just like you described. Sometimes the VSA light would come on at start and I could not get the car to come out of park. So I started thinking oh god tranny....

Went to the dealer today and they found that my battery was only producing 390amp vs 550 and my brake switch was going bad (hence no drive). Fixed in 2hrs."

Last edited by Old School; 11-25-10 at 01:03 AM. Reason: More info added
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
hey .. just sum input on the VSA light .. i had the same problem .. but mine was just do to the car needing brake pads & fluid .. once i changed the pads n filled the fluid problem was gone no light since .. and thats been 4 months ago.. just a thought, may not be ur problem but worth a shot ...every bit of info. helps
somthin_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)