Acura Legend Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Hood GB

20K views 92 replies 27 participants last post by  Tupac 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, based on the positive feedback from my CF feeler thread, link->http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/carbon-fiber-hood-feeler-137109/ <-link, I've worked out a GB deal with the distributor locally. Initially, I was skeptical about the price and the workmanship. However, after finding out it's made by C-Wings and saw the product in person, the rest was pretty much covered in the post. Please consider the PROs and CONs of this mod before committing the purchase. A quick search you will find these will cost $400 to $500 + shipping! This GB will get you the same for much less!

Here are the details of the purchase.

• Minimum of 10 buyers, combination of G2 Coupe KA8 and Sedan KA7 bodies
• After the end of GB period, payment must be received to place the order
• These are special made to order and required 6 to 8 weeks of lead time
• Price, $250 for the hood, OEM styling only (non-vented).
• Cost of shipping is the actual freight fee depending destination.
• Each hood is boxed individually; dimensions 62" X 58" X 7"
• Shipping options:
____ 1) Vendor arranges shipping. The destination must be a commercial address (e.g. warehouse, retail shop, capable of unloading truck). This will cost approximately $100 to $160 CONUS.
____ 2) Will call. Pickup can be arranged by appointment. Located in Walnut, CA. $FREE!!!! But local $ales tax apply.
____ 3) Buyer arranges shipping. Once payment received, you can schedule for shipment to pickup from Walnut, 91789. Buyer is responsible for in-transit liabilities. Cost is on buyers $DIME
Payment - PayPal at the end of the GB... date to be determined upon reaching 10 or more buyers.
• Paypal fee of 3% - Your final cost + 3%. For example, at the worst, $250 + $160 + fee of $12.3 = $422.30

If you agree with all the above, please respond via PM with the following details.

1. Forum User ID

2. Personal name

3. Method of shipping (1, 2 or 3 above)

4. Shipping address (must be commercial for #1)

5. Email address

6. Contact # (easiest to reach)

7. Coupe or Sedan

Here's a picture of Mellow Legend CF fitted. Center grill is not included! Click on the image for slideshow.

Buy List:
1. tw1st (Canada $220 ship)
2. GKONCPT (CA - SF ship = $200 for 4 hoods = $50 each)
3. sugerbear008?? (GA ship = $160)
4. TheLegendOfSpeeD?? (CA - SF = $200 for 4 hoods = $50 each)
5. filmshoot (CA, SF ship= $200 for 4 hoods = $50 each)
6. BayAreasFinest (CA, SF ship = $200 for 4 hoods = $50 each)
7. tofusensei (CA, Sac)
8. tofusensei (CA, Sac)
9. BumbleBee83 (FL = $160)

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I had a brief phone call with the vendor today. Each hood will be individually boxed. But to ship multiple to the same destination is $60 for addl'. For example, 1st = $100 (or $160), 2nd = $60, 3rd = $60... etc.

He didn't respond to my email about all the shipping address you guys provided me for a quote. Hope he's more responsive tomorrow. FYI... this is my first time dealing with him on the GB, so... we'll see.

#18 ·
sorry I'm not in this GB after expressing interest....April was a tough month for way too many reasons :thumbsdow

#20 ·
Anyone know if the hood can fit into a G35? I have a family member down there right now that I would have pick up if it works out. If not, I may have to wait. Although cheap, shipping +paypal kinda kills me.

#21 ·
No... it won't fit into a G35. You're gonna have to use either a minivan or a big truck.

How about sharing the shipping with Socol? How far is Kent for you guys? I have a connection to a warehouse there.

mellowfello, im still interested but im still waiting for a response about the vented style...

~t.s.
Sorry... but don't look like vented will be available.

#28 ·
hey i just got my z front bumper shipped through greyhound and it worked out sweet and cheap i'd prefer mine shipped with them due to size of course. hapeville GA gh station

#29 · (Edited)
Shouldn't we be 1 away since GKONCPT is purchasing two hoods?

Mellofelow, would you please update the list; I'm ordering only 1 hood. I'll PM you my details as soon as I get a shipping address.

Here are 9 members that expressed interest:

ymisoqt
92drls
Lroi
legendrhythm
DANK$OLDIER
EarlThePearl
acc-unit
dj_wooski
legend coupe

Mellofelow, would you PM them and to see who is 100% in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.