Acura Legend Forum banner

1995 Legend 6-speed LS

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  jubano 
#1 ·
I like my legend a lot but I am wanting to sell it for a newer legend. I have a 1994 legend 6-speed l right now but it has 170,000 miles on it. The legend I found is a 1995 legend 6-speed ls. It has 125,000 miles, dark green, good condition. He is asking 14,300 for it. I think this is too much. What do u guys think?

#3 ·
If it is an original owner car, well maintained, and in excellent condition, what do you think? Turn the situation around, if you bought a Legend LS 6 speed coupe new, and maintained it meticulously, do you think you'd sell it for less than 14.5?

A fair price is one which a buyer and seller agree upon. How many LS 6 speed coupes do you think are out there? How badly do you want one? I wouldn't sell mine for $14.5.

JMO

#4 ·
Well the car's second owner traded it in at a dealership. A salesman at the dealership has basically made it his personal car. He has driven it like 6,000 miles. I would say that it is not in great condition but good condition (a few scratches, small dents, usual wear and tear).

#5 ·
Well, here are some thoughts. If the car is in good but not excellent condition, then I'd simply negotiate based on a price closer to blue book wholesale than retail. As a matter of fact, no matter how good its condition, I'd try to negotiate a wholesale price.

I'd also consider that if and when it needs a new clutch, you'll also need a new flywheel which is a 2 piece unit and altogether goes for about $3000.

Check out the radiator, the plastic tops are prone to failure. If you have the service history and the radiator has been replaced, check for indicia of damage from overheating.

Another thing to consider is that it is only enthusiasts who are interested in Legend 6 speed coupes. These dealers couldn't sell them when they were new. If you have the nerve, wait the dealership out. The longer it sits on the lot, the more readily they'll deal. However, you risk someone beating you to it.

Definitely have it checked out by an independent mechanic familiar with Legends.

It doesn't take much to have a dentless guy remove the dings.

Good luck!

#7 ·
Yes.

#11 ·
The Legend uses a 2 piece flywheel which is not so easy to grind according to the mechanic I took mine to.

G
#14 ·
You'd be surprised at how many legend enthusiasts there are out there. Tons of people love them, but lots of them 1) either don't make it around to coming to these forums, or 2) they don't have the money yet for one

#15 ·
I had to get my fly wheel replaced when I got my new clutch. They broke a couple bolts in it and it was worn pretty bad.

#18 ·
I had a brand new 95 Legend GS 6 speed..

It was the finest ride I ever owned. I had to sell it after my 6th speeding ticket!I now have 3 Legends (5sp L-auto, LS auto) They made very few of those in 6-speed. The mileage is too high for that price, unless the rest of the car is immaculate.

Drive Slowly! and get a radar gun installed.

Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.