Alarm Going Off, Won't Stop - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-06, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Alarm Going Off, Won't Stop

Hey guys, this morning when I went to my car, I noticed that the alarm lights weren't blinking on the stereo and in the window. The key hole finder also didn't light up when I pulled on the car handle, it was if the battery were dead or unhooked. When I unlocked and opened the door, the alarm started going off. I have never used the alarm. It won't turn off the alarm when I use the keychain control. I had to unhook the negative battery terminal to get it to turn off. After I hook the battery terminal up again, the alarm start to sound. I closed the hood and all the doors and tried to turn it off again, but it won't turn off. It has an aftermarket alarm. I think that it is the stock alarm system going off because it sounds the horn and flashes the lights, where the aftermarket alarm sounds a siren alarm. I don't have a control for the stock alarm, just the aftermarket.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I thought about maybe using the paperclip jumper trick on the hood sensor.

thanks
joenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-06, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend L Sedan

Thanks for your help greekpower. It was the stock alarm going off. To turn it off I locked the drivers door from the inside and unlocked it from the outside. After I turned it off, my aftermarket alarm started going off as well. I got it shut off, as I have a remote for it. I don't know why my alarms have been acting up. I've never used either of them. I'm sure that my neighbors didn't appreciate it at 4:30 in the morning.
joenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-06, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
AWDriftin yo moms whip
Equilibrium Champion, Javelin Throw - 6 Shot Champion

Car 1: 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Turbo!

iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AustinForester
my factory alarm goes off if i arm the aftermarket one before all the doors shut, but its when i open the doors again after arming before doors shut. its just a lil quirk i have gotten use to and if it does happen i put my key in and then unlock it so it doesnt go off for too long
AustinForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-06, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend L sedan 5spd

Send a message via MSN to latinblast
In my car, I can't use the drivers side to shut off my alarm( i think the key hole's bad or something) but if i use the passenger side, it deactivates it just fine....this may not be your case since you are dealing w/ aftermarket alarm but it may or may not solve your factory problem. Good luck.
latinblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)