Disabling Factory Security System - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-08, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS BLK/BLK
Car 2: 1988 Toyota 4Runner
Car 3: 1955 Bel Air 4 door

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Disabling Factory Security System

does anyone know who to disable the factory security system? i had an aftermarket system completely removed but my alarm still goes off and i can figure out the rhyme or reason for it.

if i lock the car from the inside, the alarm will go off the next time i unlock the car from the outside.

if i lock the car from the outside, the locks will click repetedly, like it is tryin to lock them again, even though it is locked.

if ALL the doors are unlocked and i lock the car with the key from the outside, only the driver's door will lock.

i cant figure it out so i thought i might just not use the factory security system.....

Old 09-29-08, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Who is THE MASTER?!

Car 1: 1991 blue coupe ---Sold---
Car 2: 1994 green LS coupe

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coup
sounds like you have a problem with your door actuator... symptoms are
1) locks on door repeatedly keeps trying to lock itself
2) alarm goes off when using the key to open the door

try a search... this is problem is notorious on the legends and has been discussed numerous times. i hope this helps
Dreams94coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

alright, thanks for the info
Old 09-29-08, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
flip***

Car 1: 92 Acura Legend
Car 2: 98 Acura EL

Im having the same problem after I change my driver side door off a 91. The alarm doesnt come off all the time but still trying to figure out why it does it once in a while
rICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Legend 6-spd
Car 2: 2004 Tahoe

iTrader Score: 63 reviews
Hopefully you saved the "old" door. Just swap out the door lock actuator.

ari_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
flip***

Car 1: 92 Acura Legend
Car 2: 98 Acura EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari_one View Post
Hopefully you saved the "old" door. Just swap out the door lock actuator.
I was gonna give it to the scrap guy at work last friday good thing it didn't fit in my trunk! Thanks ari_one i would have never thought of that, been trying to figure out all the wiring all this time, You're the man! we should start calling you The Legend Master since you have answere for every single legend problem

I was gonna ask, are 91 and 92 doors the same?? im missing the connector (as shown) on the 91 door.
Attached Thumbnails
Disabling Factory Security System-lgndoor.jpg  
rICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

BUT, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO JUST DISARM THE SECURITY SYSTEM??
Old 10-03-08, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
sap

Car 1: 92 LS Sedan AT
Car 2: 93 L Coupe 6MT :(
Car 3: 86 Camaro IROC Z

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sap
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodank View Post
Short the connector at the hood latch IIRC, it won't arm because it thinks the hood is open.

I'm sure I've seen that posted here before, did you search?
sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 06:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
EDM Honda Legend Coupe

Car 1: '95 EDM Legend Coupe

Send a message via ICQ to MikeD Send a message via AIM to MikeD Send a message via Skype™ to MikeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodank View Post
The paperclip way cheating the hood latch of the factory alarm. That means it tricks out the alarm into thinking that the hood is always open so it will never arm. The security LED in the door should not light up. All you need is a paperclip and electrical tape to disable the OEM alarm. Here's the way to do:
  • Pop up the hood.
  • Reach behind the hood latch and find the wire. That's one cable (negative controlled)
  • Try to find the connection just below the radiator support and disconnect it.
  • Bend the paperclip into a 'U' form and stick it in the end of the connector what runs under the radiator.
  • Tape it all up.
  • Done
You basically just need to 'Short' the hood switch to make the OEM alarm think that your hood is always opened thus preventing it from arming. The hood switch wiring can be accessed of the center pillar in front of the radiator when you open the hood. Undo the 2Pin connector (Black, Yel/Red) in the hood switch wiring. Bend the paperclip into a 'U' form and push it into the 'Female' end of the hood switch wiring connector. Now secure the clip with some electrical tape and you are finished! Consider that the mod is totally reversible. You just remove the paperclip and snap the connector back into place.

How That Stuff Works
Basicially: When the OEM alarm system is Disarmed, the OEM alarm will Arm itself only, if all functions (Doors, Hood & Trunk) & conditions are right. Conditions means, when all places of the Doors, Hood and Trunk are CLOSED. Once the OEM alarm determined that the conditions are Closed, it will Arm.

Paperclip: By doing the paperclip now, the alarm system think, that when all functions are closed, it means the circuit is currently Open. The paperclip now wii bypass the OEM alarm into thinking that the hood has been opened. So the OEM alarm will never Arm.

How To Test: Disconnect the 2-Pin connector (Black, Yel/Red) from the hood switch. There should be continuty between A + B terminals when the lever is released (Condition: Hood Opened). There should be no continuty when the lever is pushed (Condition: Hood Closed)

Note hat the alarm system is negative triggered. The same function like the Door Lock Actuator (Example: The Light & Door Controls).

EDM '95 TCS Coupe with USDM Mod's (Trunk Lid/Taillights/Cupholder/Audio Switch/Bose EQ) rolling on 225/45/17 Tires
Acura | Honda V6 Forum / Photo Gallery
English isn't my 1st language. So please consider it by way of apology of my bad grammars! Thank you.
To my Friend FUT who I unfortunately never met in person. Rest in peace, you will not be forgotten.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend,
Car 2: 1993 Acura Legend,
Car 3: 1987 T-bird Turbo Co

Similar problem with 1993 LS

I can't disable the alarm by opening the either door with a key, it does not dismarm when the key is used in the ignition.
I tried the paperclip disable, the system still arms with doors, trunk, hood open or closed.
Checked the fuses, they are all good.
Removed battery cable thinking it would reset the module, alarm sounds as soon as the cables are reconnected.
Given that the system is negative activated, I don't think it is a ground issue.
I think the module is gone. Any thoughts??
blk87brd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura Legend 1991 LS coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
The paperclip way cheating the hood latch of the factory alarm. That means it tricks out the alarm into thinking that the hood is always open so it will never arm. The security LED in the door should not light up. All you need is a paperclip and electrical tape to disable the OEM alarm. Here's the way to do:
  • Pop up the hood.
  • Reach behind the hood latch and find the wire. That's one cable (negative controlled)
  • Try to find the connection just below the radiator support and disconnect it.
  • Bend the paperclip into a 'U' form and stick it in the end of the connector what runs under the radiator.
  • Tape it all up.
  • Done
You basically just need to 'Short' the hood switch to make the OEM alarm think that your hood is always opened thus preventing it from arming. The hood switch wiring can be accessed of the center pillar in front of the radiator when you open the hood. Undo the 2Pin connector (Black, Yel/Red) in the hood switch wiring. Bend the paperclip into a 'U' form and push it into the 'Female' end of the hood switch wiring connector. Now secure the clip with some electrical tape and you are finished! Consider that the mod is totally reversible. You just remove the paperclip and snap the connector back into place.

How That Stuff Works
Basicially: When the OEM alarm system is Disarmed, the OEM alarm will Arm itself only, if all functions (Doors, Hood & Trunk) & conditions are right. Conditions means, when all places of the Doors, Hood and Trunk are CLOSED. Once the OEM alarm determined that the conditions are Closed, it will Arm.

Paperclip: By doing the paperclip now, the alarm system think, that when all functions are closed, it means the circuit is currently Open. The paperclip now wii bypass the OEM alarm into thinking that the hood has been opened. So the OEM alarm will never Arm.

How To Test: Disconnect the 2-Pin connector (Black, Yel/Red) from the hood switch. There should be continuty between A + B terminals when the lever is released (Condition: Hood Opened). There should be no continuty when the lever is pushed (Condition: Hood Closed)

Note hat the alarm system is negative triggered. The same function like the Door Lock Actuator (Example: The Light & Door Controls).
Anybody have pictures?
Old 09-08-14, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 acura legend
Car 2: 1994 Honda civic ex

anti theft security problem

I have a 1991 acura legend and I have a problem with the
Anti-theft system I tried resetting it with the key but it's not
Working. The dash lights turn on like it's gonna start but
When I crank it the car doesn't turn on.
acura_lopez86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 08:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car 1: 2nd gen 93 ls 4dr
Car 2: mini van 03 dodge

Large connector on gold box, yellow/blk wire> ground it! unplug all connections to gold box!
CRiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)