Driver side power seat switch - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-07, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Civic Hatch (The Constant project)
Car 2: 88 RT4WD Civic Wagon
Car 3: 92 Legend Coupe LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Driver side power seat switch

Here is what I am working on guys and gals.

I have a 92 Coupe LS, and working on the driver side power seat. The “recline” switch (not the pivot point, the switch itself) has been broken off since I bought the car. Everything else worked and I was happy with where the seat sat anyway, so no issue. I am getting the leather all redone, so now I am fixing the seats. I’ve tried a few things, and now I am at an impass. Here is where I am now.

1)Purchased used seats from A-L Member, hoping to use them, and just have the leather redone. No big deal, should work right? Unfortunately from 92 to a newer year, the bottom plugs changed. They will bolt in, plugs wont connect with each other.

2)Second option, I had my upholstery guy remove the switch boxes from the seats to switch them. Again, the plugs in the back are different, so this will not work either.

3)Now my upholstery guy is brining me both switch boxes tonight, and I will try to take one apart to replace (hell, I’ll glue it if I have to) the broken switch to make this work.

My question is, has anyone done this before, and is there an easier way that I haven’t thought of? The switches from Acura are a billion dollars I am sure (I haven’t checked yet, someone correct me if I am wrong) and I wanted to get this working before the leather goes back on. Anyone who has done this or something like it and has some tips, let me know!
ef_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-07, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Civic Hatch (The Constant project)
Car 2: 88 RT4WD Civic Wagon
Car 3: 92 Legend Coupe LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Just so everyone know (hopefully this can help somone out in the future) I took apart the switches today, and they are a REALLY simple system. Although the plugs dont match up, I was able to use parts from another switch box to fix mine without issue. Super easy to do.
ef_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)