How to disconnect the Beeping noise when door is open? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-05, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 acura legend LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb How to disconnect the Beeping noise when door is open?

I need help disconecting the annoying cicuit sound that is activated when opening the driver door. this happens when inserting the key in the ignition switch.
yeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-05, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
OJP

Car 1: 91 legend

ahhhh yea i hate that soo much... how do u turn that off???
Old 04-21-05, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 Sherwood Green L Coupe

How come you guys bump to this issue? open the door, then pull out the key? - I don't do this very often
Thought that it's a nice feature that prevent you from forgetting the key in the car.

Anyway, I dont have the answer but any dealer guy may, if you give them a call.
Old 04-21-05, 02:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: .

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
You can either take the key out or disconnect the speaker. I would not disconnect the speaker unless it is a last result, but it will get rid of the noise.
Later!
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeprlegendcp View Post
You know what is funny about all of this? Acura-Legend.com is not even the best URL for this forum.
sleeprlegendcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: '91 Dark Gray Metallic Legend L Sedan

On the underside of the ignition, you will find the indicator that the key is in the ignition. It is a small electric plug. Hence, if you unscrew it from the ignition assembly, it will no longer cause the beeping when your key is in the ignition and the door is open.

First, you will have to remove the lower dash to expose the ignition assembly. If my memory serves me correctly, you will see a small black wire and plug secured by a phillips screw to the underside of the assembly. Simply unscrew the plug and leave it hanging. That's it.
jdubsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cole Austin

The buzzer is in the ICU. its built into the "lights on" circut in the ICU. You would have to go into the ICU and physically remove the buzzer from the circiut.

the wires coming off the ignition are as follows:

White - (battery)
White/Red - (ACC)
Black/Yellow - (Ground1)
Yellow - (ground2)

Black/White - (starter)

There is not just one wire you can remove from the ignition to kill the buzzing.

The Black/white wire connects to the under dash fuse box and the starter relay... from there it runs to things like the shift position sensor and the starter solenoid, and most importantly, the ICU.

The ICU (integrated controll unit) is located behind the under dash fuse box and that is where the buzzer is located. The ICU controls alot of stuff in the car, from the interior and exterior lights to the wiper speed, to the door switches and windows.

the ICU is very hard to get to and its not worth the troubles to stop the door open chime.

The buzzer is in the ICU. its built into the "lights on" circut in the ICU. You would have to go into the ICU and physically remove the buzzer from the circiut. Not worth the troubles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)