Acura Legend Forum banner

I need some help!!

965 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Insomniac119 
#1 ·
This morning i went to go start my car and of course it didn't start. As I'm trying to figure out what issue it actually is I'm getting more and more upset. All i need is some honest advice and help! So when i turn the key the heat, lights, everything turns on but when i turn the ignition to start it, its silent. when its turned all the way it seems everything else kinda shuts off till the key is turned back. I don't have a block heater since i haven't had time to get one ( but i didn't think it was cold enough out yet for it to not start since when i lived in bc it got this cold and started fine). what im really wondering is what it is. a frozen ignition/starter? maybe i need a block heater ( since my car sits on the street and also is sitting on snow) or my fuel pump? or what? I did try a boost but i had a feeling that wasn't the case.. it didn't work. its a new battery, new spark plugs..
please help!

#2 ·
My car did that when i first got it, if i recall it was the ignition switch... But it could be other things ( main relay, igniter, starter, etc) im sure you will get some good advice these next few days from some of the other guys. I am also having a weird starting problem and having trouble figuring it out

#3 ·
have your battery tested as if its too cold your battery may not start it harder on a old battery.

#4 ·
I'd start with making sure your battery terminals are secure and corrosion free. Then test the voltage, you should be at 12.5-12.7 volts with the car off.

If all that checks out, turn the key the and see if you hear the fuel pump priming.

Report back with your results.

#5 ·
hey guys! so im pretty sure it was a fuze, in that fuze box on the upper right hand conner. but iv been trying to find a fuze diagram for that box because to test to see if that was the issue i switched two around.. and now i am trying to figure out what that other one i switched it with was before i go drive my car! so im on a mission!! thanks for the advice guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.