knock sensor help! - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-12, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
knock sensor help!

Ok so just got me 91 legend and a couple days later the check engine light comes on. So i check it out and it says its my pass side knock sensor. so i take it to a local mechanic and he changes out both sensors with new ones and changes out the wire harness with a used one from a wrecking yard. get it back together and everything seems good. so as im driving it home the check engine light comes back on. get home and check the codes and it says both knock sensors this time. so i call the mechanic and let him know he thinks we got a bad harness and orders a new one this time. so just got the new harness in and once again everything seems good and as he is pulling into my driveway to drop it off wouldn't you know it the light comes back on! check the codes and once again knock sensors! so now to my question. could the used harness make the sensors go bad or should i be looking elsewhere before tearing back into it? thanks in advance for any help!
Kasey.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-12, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
If harness was shorted or broken it should always throw a cel. Have you disconnected the battery to clear the code it will also reset it.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
yes it was reset after the new harness was put in today. so i guess im wondering if the used harness that was put in with the new sensors could have made them go bad?

Last edited by Kasey.m; 12-01-12 at 12:00 AM. Reason: update
Kasey.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)