My New Leather Seats! - Page 7 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-11, 02:18 AM   #91 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 acura legend
Car 2: 2008 acura tl

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
new leather bck seats

soft lthr
Advertisement

Old 01-31-13, 12:37 PM   #92 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura Legend LS Coupe 1992

I got a letter from LeatherSeats.com today

Here it is:
"To whom it may concern,

I am contacting you today regarding your leather kit installation post on the Acura-Legend.com :: Acura Legend Forum :: Acura RL Forum automotive forums. I have fully reviewed your post with our production dept and sale dept. managers and we are all very confused as to why our company name (LeatherSeats.com) is in any way mentioned on or associated with your Acura Legen Coupe leather kit installation thread. Though we do have the pattern for the 1991 – 1995 Acura Legend Coupe, we DO NOT and have NEVER made our leather kit products in China. The box that arrived at your residence that you show in the thread is NOT our company box and has obviously shipped from overseas. Further, the leather samples you show in the thread are NOT our leather colors… they don’t match the leather we use in grain and we don’t send out randomly cut rectangles of leather to customers. Also, we offer over 65 leather colors and have a color called Taupe which matches to the factory Type E (Taupe) interior very very well… much better than the covers you show in your installation thread. To be honest this looks like a cheap Chinese made leather kit that was probably bought on eBay from a seller with the user name “Leather-Seat”. There was a seller (and may still be) using this “Leather-Seat” handle on eBay for many years and he was sell Chinese made leather kits shipped directly from China. We have no affiliation or connection to this seller… his existence only serves to give us a bad name when customers don’t pay close enough attention to who they are buying a product from. This post has been up since 2009 which means that your incorrect assumption about where you bought your Acura Legend leather interior kit may have cost of thousands of dollars in potential sales and known damage to the reputation of our company brand. I will be turning this matter over to our legal dept. As of today we are 100% confident that you did NOT buy this product from our company and are officially requesting that you completely remove any and all reference to our company (LeatherSeats.com). Please respond to this email on or before 6:00pm central time on Friday, February 1st, 2013.

Sincerely,

Eric Paysnoe

CEO

LeatherSeats.com

405-848-9999 ext 104

Custom Leather Seats, Auto Upholstery, Car Leather Upholstery, Truck Leather Upholstery, Leather Seat Covers, Auto Interiors by LeatherSeats.com "

-------------------------------------------------------------
I want everybody to know that the seller on eBay I bought it from has nothing to do with LeatherSeats.com
Old 02-04-13, 06:41 PM   #93 (permalink)

Car 1: 91L 5spd blue cpe
Car 2: 92LS 5spd gray cpe
Car 3: 93LS 6spd gray cpe

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Fraser34, Thanks for posting the letter of clarification. The forum comments
were almost universally positive about your installation. The only "negative"
comments suggested that you had selected a color that was less than a
perfect match. Rather than hurt a manufacturer's sales, I suspect you increased
sales possibilities by demonstrating how to do an very nice DIY installation.
Clearly, you had nothing to gain personally; and had no intent to deceive
forum members about leather seats, leather-seats, or LeatherSeats.com.
I personally interpreted "my leather seats" as a distinction from "my cloth seats"
or "my plastic seats." Editing out references to words identical to Mr. Paysnoe's
company name should help resolve the issue. Thanks again for the DIY,
and the update.
Old 02-04-13, 08:40 PM   #94 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend Sedan Type 1

this is all very cool and informative, as a cloth seat base model legend owner, I have always wanted the stylish leather interior almost everyone else in the world has with these cars. I learned a lot and I also had quotes from local upholstery shops in the thousands of dollars. You did more than a fantastic job with this project and I would like to attempt it myself in the near future, as for the company big wig that contacted you, I would disregard it since it was never your fault for what happened and he should put his foot in the Chinese guy's ass for ripping them off.
misterOG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)