No Spark, No Fuel, Please Help - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-06, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Acura Legend
Car 2: 88 Mitsu Starion
Car 3: 01 Celica GTS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
No Spark, No Fuel, Please Help

Before you say SEARCH, Read this! I've done the searching. I've done the testing, I'm out of ideas.

Driving home one afternoon 2 weeks ago, car was running fine, the started to shake a little, then I shut it off when I got home and 5 min later it wouldnt start.
And still won't start. It turns over fine, but won't fire over.

I have no fuel injectors. I have no spark.
I threw codes 4 and 54.

I have fuel pressure in the lines.
I have replaced the Main Relay
I have replaced the Ignitor
I have tested the Crank/Cyl Sensor (tested good)
The harness between the crank/cyl sensor is fine.

I traced the wires from the crank/cyl to the passenger side strut tower and where those wires plug in, there is no power signal with key on, or while trying to start. I guess the ecu could have died, but it seems unlikely that it would just kill those things on the car.

Someone please help! And saying to hit the search button again is not helping. Been there, done that, and now I'm here.
twcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-06, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Acura Legend
Car 2: 88 Mitsu Starion
Car 3: 01 Celica GTS

Anyone? Anyone?
twcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend LS Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by twcustoms View Post
Anyone? Anyone?
There won't be any power there at key on; it uses 4 magnetic pickup coils that only generate voltage when the engine begins to turn. If you measure at the proper wires (with AC mV selected on your multimeter) you will find mV of AC voltage while cranking the engine.

You really need to disconnect the connector and measure the resistance of each of the 4 coils.

Edit: Oh, didn't see where you said you tested the Crk/Cyl sensor and it was good. So all 4 were putting out a proper voltage upon cranking? You should see the same voltage throughout the system while cranking all the way up to the ECU; if you do not then you have either a bad connection or high resistance in one of the connectors etc. etc.. You are surely testing for AC voltage across two wires correct? You should not be testing for DC anything and attaching to chassis ground. Also, to repeat myself, you should not see any voltage there upon key on, only while cranking (AC mV).

Double Edit: When you turn the key on does your check engine light turn on for a few seconds? Your sensors are all grounded through your ECU; to quickly test if you have good ECU ground connect your meter up with your red lead on the positive battery post and your black lead on any sensor's ground; you should see full battery voltage.

Last edited by Mikey851; 11-01-06 at 11:33 AM.
Mikey851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)