Acura Legend Forum banner

What will bad or poor grounds cause my car to do?

599 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  NYTAHOE 
#1 ·
I'm wondering because my car shakes and in curious if its because if maybe i need more ground wires.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 · (Edited)
What type of shaking and when? Is it shaking from the front, does it happen at idle or when your driving? How is the suspension? If so, that could be sign of front end issues. Do you hear engine noise when you accelerate (common ground issues)? You could have a bent axle or damaged front end components. A bad shake could be a sign of idling issues (there are several components that effect this). I had a similar issue years ago and it was nothing to do with the vehicle not being grounded properly. It turned out that I had a bent axle and you really felt it at driving speed. Bad grounding or the lack of, effects the electrical portion of your vehicle (weak lights, radios issues and flaky operation of the entire electrical system). These are just a few things to consider, as other people will chime in more helpful info. Keep us posted, and I hope you get it all figured out.

NOTE: If you do have front end issues and you get them all worked out, it is IMPERATIVE that you get the vehicle aligned properly.

#5 ·
You said the front end SEEMS OK... If you did not have it aligned when you had the tires and axle installed, you are doing things in reverse. It is IMPERATIVE to have that done. As for the thermo & antifreeze, I have NEVER heard of a bad shake associated with that. I have run without a thermo. and antifreeze (short period of time) without issues. Here are a few thing to consider.

1) Has vehicle been properly aligned?
2) If so, how are your tires (pressure, bent wheels, damaged suspension components)?
3) Take the guess work out and have the vehicle put on a lift and checked by a Professional. This will save a lot of time and money.

4) Most shops (Firestone, Pep Boys, etc) will inspect the undercarriage for a few dollars and will see what you don't. This will also help to ensure YOUR SAFETY!!!

5) How is the degree of your steering wheel? If it seems off center when driving, have the vehicle checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.