NavTraffic stopped working.... - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > Second Generation RL (2005 to Present)

Second Generation RL (2005 to Present)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-04, 03:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Acura RL

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
NavTraffic stopped working....

Anyone else having any problems with the XM NavTraffic on the GPS system? Mine suddenly stopped working, and XM Radio says the problem is not on their end. Mentioned something about the Acura Dealer having to load some software. Sounds like a bunch of he-said, she-said finger pointing.

Curious if i'm the only one. Thanks
olneymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-04, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olneymd
Anyone else having any problems with the XM NavTraffic on the GPS system? Mine suddenly stopped working, and XM Radio says the problem is not on their end. Mentioned something about the Acura Dealer having to load some software. Sounds like a bunch of he-said, she-said finger pointing.

Curious if i'm the only one. Thanks
NavTraffic seems to be working for me in the Boston area. I do see flow information, accident/contruction warnings, etc. on the nav system.

I don't quite understand what else NavTraffic is supposed to do. I was hoping it would be able to show information like average speed, etc. so that the Nav system would be able to route around bad traffic/accidents.

Can someone fill me in on what NavTraffic will and won't do?
twentworth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: Sport Sedan

Lightbulb NavTraffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentworth22
I was hoping it would be able to show information like average speed, etc. so that the Nav system would be able to route around bad traffic/accidents.
It does! It shows freeways/highways in different colors, which correspond to different speeds. I can't remember exactly, but it's something like green for 50 mph and up, yellow for 30-50 mph, and red for 0-30 mph! Go to acura.com and get all the details at the interior showroom.
1Violinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Violinist
It does! It shows freeways/highways in different colors, which correspond to different speeds. I can't remember exactly, but it's something like green for 50 mph and up, yellow for 30-50 mph, and red for 0-30 mph! Go to acura.com and get all the details at the interior showroom.
So, I have a destination in downtown Boston, and the major road is showing red ie. somewhere 0-30 but there is another road that takes me 5 miles out of the way but is green, will the nav system route me around the bad road onto the good road? Thats what I'm really looking for!

Thanks,
Old 11-02-04, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

user error

OK - my fault. Total user error. I had inadvertently turned all of the icons off so that gas stations, etc wouldn't display.... but that included the TRAFFIC icon.

Dealership was great - sat with me as we both read through the Navigation manual. In and out in 10 minutes!
olneymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-04, 02:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car 1: 2000 Naples Gold Metallic 3.5RL

Send a message via ICQ to jinny Send a message via AIM to jinny Send a message via Yahoo to jinny

mystery solved.
<table style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" height=150 cellspacing=5 cellpadding=10 width=600 background="http://s87299752.onlinehome.us/cars/back.jpg" border=0><tr><td valign=top width=150><font face=tahoma color=#fffff size=1><BR>You may not know this, but I copied this sig from another user<BR>Everytime I saw his sig, I was like, "That's a cool sig!"<br><br>-<a href="http://s87299752.onlinehome.us/cars/index.html" target=_blank>pics of my cars</a></font></td></tr><br></table>
jinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olneymd
OK - my fault. Total user error. I had inadvertently turned all of the icons off so that gas stations, etc wouldn't display.... but that included the TRAFFIC icon.

Dealership was great - sat with me as we both read through the Navigation manual. In and out in 10 minutes!
My dealer didn't have the Nav manual. Is it worth getting? Does it talk about how the NavTraffic piece works in detail?
Old 11-04-04, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: '05 Lakeshore/Ebony RL

twentworth22

You should have gotten the Nav manual with your other manuals. Here is what I got:

Owner's Manual
Onstar Guide
XM Radio station guide
Michelin Tire Warranty
Bridgestone Spare Warranty
RL Warranties
Navigation System
Driver's Setup Guide
Maintenance Journal
Quick Start Guide

Anyone get anything else, am I missing anything here?

Sorry twentworth22, I have not looked through the Nav manual yet but I assume you will want to get your copy of it.
ReplacedLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-04, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura RL 2005

Nav Traffic

to see what services are offered by nav traffic in your area check out:

http://www.xmradio.com/xmnavtraffic/market_coverage.jsp

while the service promises a lot, most cities are not yet configured to provided detailed info about all major thoroughfares...
RL OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-04, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nav Traffic not working in Boston

My Nav Traffic stopped working after a recent trip from Boston to New York. When I got near the New York Metro area the traffic did start showing up there however, when I returned home it stopped working. The traffic icons are greyed out. I've tried all of the obvious things. Oh, and the AcuraLink Messages are greyed out as well. Usually when I've had problems stopping/starting the car fixed them however this didn't work.

Any ideas?
Old 11-20-04, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Blue RL

NAV Traffic In SF Bay Area

My Nav Traffic occaisonally will disappear from the screen but soon comes back, or will come back when I move to a different scale.

Thus far the system has been very reliable and timely for blue and red in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have gone thru yellow sections at 80MPH with the rest of traffic on a regular basis on some sections. Other sections actually are slow when its yellow however.

The biggest enhancement I would like to see to the Nav Traffic system is to also display the current location of CHP troopers. (The talking lady should also give me a warning) I got my first speeding ticket in my RL rushing up to opening day at Dodge Ridge ski resort a couple of weeks ago.
ScottRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > Second Generation RL (2005 to Present)