CD Changer question. - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics

Audio, Video, & Electronics Discussions about Car audio and electronics.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-04, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Legend GS

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
CD Changer question.

Hi,

I have a question regarding the CD changer which is controlled through the Acura stock Bose head unit.

Is there an aftermarket or OEM type 6 CD changer that will work directly with the stock Bose unit that will: play MP3 and WMA files, fit in the trunk sleeve, and use the stock cd cable?

Any info would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
TouringLegend95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-04, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
0000$$$$0000####0000

Car 1: Acura

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The Honda and Acura OEM changers are made by Alpine. They are simply rebadged and to keep the two companies seperate, they invert the right signal and signal ground wires in the 8 pin DIN plug. Any Alpine M-Bus CD changer will work with the Honda/Acura decks. To get it to sound properly since the ouput signals are inverted you can do either of two things. The FREE way is to open the DIN plug, unsolder the #2 and #4 pins, swap and resolder them. The other way is to buy an aftermarket Alpine to Honda/Acura adaptor for about $25 and it does the swap for you internally. Now, if you want the MP3 changer you need to get the CHA-S634 I believe. This is the changer that can play MP3s and fortunately it is one of the few Ai-Net CD changers that are hybrids. Normally Ai-Net changers are NOT compatible with the M-Bus changers, but since it is a hybrid it works on both data carrier systems. What you need is to buy an Alpine Ai-Net to M-Bus adaptor and switch the CD changer to M-Bus. Now, you still need to do the other modification or buy the adaptor as I stated originally for M-Bus changers.
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: Legend L 1992 blue

I am in process of this change,, I am going with a alpine,,, I got the numbers at work but,,, I think they are chs635 with mp3 ($235) and I bought the conversion cables,,, 1 is a AInet convert $14.,,then another cable ($10) that plugs into it that allows connection to the stock cable in the trunk,, I don't have the alpine unit yet,,, sooo I don't know if it works,,, check the alpine web page and to a search for the right connection cables..

post above beat me,,, anyway use what he said,, but the cables are cheap if use the electronic's compare seach engine's
fender4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-04, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
X-Runner

Car 1: 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner Speedway Blue 6spd MT
Car 2: 1993 L Sedan

Alpine CHA-S634
Ai-Net to MBus Adapter
Honda / Acura to Alpine Adapter

Get those three items and its all plug and play from there. Just remember to change the little switch inside changer from 1 to 2 (inside where you insert the magazine) other wise it won't work. The Changer doesn't quite fit inside the plastic sleeve in the trunk so you will have to modify it a little to squeeze it in there. There is a DIY on Legendtuner.com

I ordered my stuff from crutchfield because i'm too lazy to shop around and they make sure you're happy with your product. I'm sure there are better prices. good luck to you.

2007 Tacoma X-Runner :: Speedway Blue :: 6 Speed MT
TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Short Shifter, TRD Seat Covers, URD 3" Cat Back Exhaust, TTC Dual Traction Bars, TTC Sway Bar Kit, Gaylord X-2000 Lid, LED Tail Lights, Weather Tech Ventvisors, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Lights
HiTek21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-04, 03:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chopper Challenge Champion

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
I noticed this question gets asked every now and then, so i just added it into the Newbie FAQ with a link to this thread, in case anybody else has anything to add to this
Banana! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend GS

Where did you get that mc hammer animation?

Where did you get that mc hammer animation? THat's the funniest thing I've seen all week.
poppa_wheelies_parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-05, 02:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Legend LS Sedan Black

What mp3 controls do you have?

I'm interested in buying this alpine CD changer for my 93 Lengend LS, which currently has the factory (or standard) alpine 6-CD changer.

What I'm curious about is, what kind of navigation is possible from the 'head' unit? Let's say I have 1 CD with 10 'albums' (10 folders, from a data perspective), and each 'album' has 20 tracks. Can I somehow navigate through albums THEN tracks, or do I have to plow through all 200 tracks to get to (eg) the last track?
steerpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-05, 02:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
X-Runner

Car 1: 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner Speedway Blue 6spd MT
Car 2: 1993 L Sedan

Since the Headunit is not designed for folder navigation it does the very basic. It just goes through each song numerically/alphabetically.

It plays your album folders numerically / alphabetically, then each song numerically / alphabetically. So it depends on how you burn them on to the CDR if you do it by name or number

It's not real easy if you're looking for a specific song, you have to bascially memorize the what order your albums and tracks are in and kind of go alphabetically through each song until you reach the song you're looking for.

I usually leave mine on Auto Select

2007 Tacoma X-Runner :: Speedway Blue :: 6 Speed MT
TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Short Shifter, TRD Seat Covers, URD 3" Cat Back Exhaust, TTC Dual Traction Bars, TTC Sway Bar Kit, Gaylord X-2000 Lid, LED Tail Lights, Weather Tech Ventvisors, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Lights
HiTek21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura RL
Car 2: 1994 LS400 Lexus

I have a 1999 Acura RL 3.5. I recently purchased a Alpine CHA-S634 cd changer. My Acura has a navigation, boss head unit and Acura manufacture cd changer. Currently I do have KBC-130B (AI-Net to M-bus Adapter), the question is do you think the "Honda/Acura to Alpine Adaptor) will fit in my pre wire cd changer M-Bus cable (13 Pins female adapter).

Thank You
jakeacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 1999 Acura 3.5 Rl

i have 1999 Acura rl with navigation. i bought a cd changer which is factory but i noticed that the connection is a 8 pin male and the car comes with a 13 pin female adapter. is there any cheap way out of this problem? what can i do?
b-easy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend LS 6 Spd
Car 2: 2005 Harley Davidson

ive used alpine changers in 3 different legends and they work....
its gotta have the 8 pin cable tho,.... check ebay there are always some kicking around just make sure to ask if the changer reads the cds and opperates properly
Yellowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car 1: 1999 Acura 3.5 Rl

since my car comes with a 13 pin adapter from my head unit. is there a cd changer for car? can i buy the factory 8 pin plug and hook that up. my car has navigation by the way
b-easy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics