High Pitched Beep From Bose System - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics

Audio, Video, & Electronics Discussions about Car audio and electronics.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-08, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cassis Red Pearl

Car 1: '92 Acura Legend LS 5spd
Car 2: '90 Jeep Cherokee

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRed92Legend
High Pitched Beep From Bose System

I was posting a bit about this in the wrong area.

I just recently got my 92 LS back from getting some extensive bodywork done. While it was sitting at the shop for over a year, I had removed my after-market stereo to sell it for some extra cash.

Just got the car back earlier this week and put a factory Bose system back in it. This included a new amp and headunit which I had purchased on Ebay a little while back.

So I get everything wired up, turn it on and get this high pitched, steady beep. I was calling it feedback at first, but it sounds more like a beep steady and high pitched rather than feedback, which I would imagine more wavy.

The sound is apparently eminating almost completely from the rear driver side 6x9. I figured this out by first unplugging the amp plug to the rear speakers, and then even singling out the driver side, by just unplugging that. With that speaker unplug the sound is almost gone.

One thing I just noticed is that the headunit I got is a 2200 series, which is for the 93 L's and up I believe, whereas I'm pretty sure my original headunit was a 2100 series.

I'm wondering if the 2200 unit is not compatible with my car set up for the 2100 unit? The different series are not compatilbe with the amp?

I even managed to re-wire (since it had been wired for bypass) my ORIGINAL amp, and the same thing occurs, which is what is now making me think its the headunit which is at fault.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've checked and rechecked grounds, speakers (except the front), amps, etc. I'm at my wits end here and am seriously contemplating taking the car to the stealership!!! That's how desperate I'm getting.

If anyone shows interest, or thinks it might help, I was thinking of capturing the sound on my cell phones video camera and posting it on U-Tube and providing a link.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I MISS MY BABY, JUST GOT HER BACK, AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY HER WITHOUT A STEREO!!!

1992 Acura Legend LS 5spd *sig by BBoarder711*
. . . A Legend Reborn . . . JDM One-Piece Headlights . . . Moonroof Tilt Mod . . . K&N Filter . . . B+G Sport Suspension Springs . . . Koni Red Shocks . . .

Facebook Me!
EvilRed92Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-08, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
Ya try to capture the sound. Thats weird your getting a beeping sound. Record the sound.

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-08, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Still searching.

Car 1: 95 KA8 6spd Sherwood
Car 3: 07 GSXR 1000

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRed92Legend View Post
I was posting a bit about this in the wrong area.

I just recently got my 92 LS back from getting some extensive bodywork done. While it was sitting at the shop for over a year, I had removed my after-market stereo to sell it for some extra cash.

Just got the car back earlier this week and put a factory Bose system back in it. This included a new amp and headunit which I had purchased on Ebay a little while back.

So I get everything wired up, turn it on and get this high pitched, steady beep. I was calling it feedback at first, but it sounds more like a beep steady and high pitched rather than feedback, which I would imagine more wavy.

The sound is apparently eminating almost completely from the rear driver side 6x9. I figured this out by first unplugging the amp plug to the rear speakers, and then even singling out the driver side, by just unplugging that. With that speaker unplug the sound is almost gone.

One thing I just noticed is that the headunit I got is a 2200 series, which is for the 93 L's and up I believe, whereas I'm pretty sure my original headunit was a 2100 series.

I'm wondering if the 2200 unit is not compatible with my car set up for the 2100 unit? The different series are not compatilbe with the amp?

I even managed to re-wire (since it had been wired for bypass) my ORIGINAL amp, and the same thing occurs, which is what is now making me think its the headunit which is at fault.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've checked and rechecked grounds, speakers (except the front), amps, etc. I'm at my wits end here and am seriously contemplating taking the car to the stealership!!! That's how desperate I'm getting.

If anyone shows interest, or thinks it might help, I was thinking of capturing the sound on my cell phones video camera and posting it on U-Tube and providing a link.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I MISS MY BABY, JUST GOT HER BACK, AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY HER WITHOUT A STEREO!!!
If it's a constant high pitch noise, then it's the radio . I had the same problem and now theres a 95-98 radio from a TL in my car. It works just fine. Down side is that I can't use the steering wheel controls, but I do have an in dash CD player though!
Old 03-30-08, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cassis Red Pearl

Video of Sound on YouTube

I posted 30 seconds of video of the sound on YouTube, so someone might be able to tell me what it is by hearing it. In the beginning of the video, I have the speaker unplugged part of the way (a very little bit of sound is actually coming from it). You can still here the beep if you listen closely. Then I have my pops plug it all the way in and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!

here's the link: YouTube - Beeping Bose Stereo

This video caught my interest while I was there. Is it true the 2200 are internally amped at 4 Ohms and the 2100 series have only the 2 Ohm external amp? If so I guess that might be my problem and I'm boned. YouTube - G2 Bose 2200 Headunit in a G1

. . . A Legend Reborn . . . JDM One-Piece Headlights . . . Moonroof Tilt Mod . . . K&N Filter . . . B+G Sport Suspension Springs . . . Koni Red Shocks . . .

Facebook Me!

Last edited by EvilRed92Legend; 03-30-08 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Edited Link
Old 03-30-08, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Still searching.

Car 1: 95 KA8 6spd Sherwood
Car 3: 07 GSXR 1000

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Deffinately head unit. Mine did the same thing.
Old 03-30-08, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
LOL I didn't know Gabe did that vid. EvilRed92Legend, it could be your amp is bad or its not compatible with the amp you have in the car cause music is playing without you connecting the rear. You might want to swap out the amp that is for the 2200.

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-08, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cassis Red Pearl

Bypass

Think since the 2200 is internally amped I should just have the rear amp bypassed as in with an aftermarket install? I'm a little confused about how the two systems are different. Do the LS's with the 2200 not have a rear amp?

Facebook Me!
Old 03-30-08, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cassis Red Pearl

Bose Acura Legend LS / GS Bose Speaker System and Amplifier

2100 / CM6922
2100 / CM6923

This is the Acura Legend LS / GS Bose Car Stereo. Located on the face of the stereo is a designation number 2100. This Bose System has one centrally located amplifier enclosure behind rear seat. This enclosure houses four amplifiers. These four amplifiers power all speakers in the car. This Bose stereo is manufactured by Alpine.

Bose Acura Legend L and Std Bose Speaker System with Amplifier

2200 / CM6913

This is the Acura Legend L and Standard car stereo. Located on the face of the stereo is a designation number 2200. Don't confuse these two Acura Legend stereos. They are not interchangeable. This stereo has a Bose equalization circuit attached to the bottom of the car stereo. Audio from the stereo is routed to this equalization circuit, processed, then returns to the stereo to be amplified. This car stereo powers the speakers in the car. No external Bose Amplifiers. This Bose stereo is also manufactured by Alpine.

Yup, I'm boned. Anyone wanna buy a 2200 headunit? Or swap me for a 2100? Eh?

Facebook Me!
Old 03-31-08, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
because i can.

Car 1: '87L, 5 speed Sedan
Car 2: '71 Datsun PL521
Car 3: '03 Infiniti I35

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sam o nela
Oh so that was the problem huh?

Yeah a 2200 wont work in a 2100 system....that was definitely the issue...glad it was something simple!

at me inadvertently solving the problem via YouTube....glad I could help!

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics