strut break in period - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-07, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
ON DAT WAVE

Car 1: 92 Acura Legend LuxuryPerformanceSedan
Car 2: 97 BMW 528I
Car 3: 99 Montero Sport

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
strut break in period

ok i just installed some kyb struts with h&r spring in the rear today, i had the front done a month ago but the back is higher like its still stock , i know KYB not the best for lowering more than 1.5 but i had already had them and dont have the money yet to get the rear konis, but do the struts have a break in time and about how long

Last edited by Team LR; 06-11-07 at 05:38 PM.
Team LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-07, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 2002 Subara WRX
Car 2: Kawasaki ZX11 Ninja

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Not that I am aware of no. Perhaps you ordered the right shocks but recieved the wrong part #'s. Also check for oil leaks on the fronts because the springs would have more of an impact on the ride height than the shocks.
Jake@Tirerack.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
ON DAT WAVE

Car 1: 92 Acura Legend LuxuryPerformanceSedan
Car 2: 97 BMW 528I
Car 3: 99 Montero Sport

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
i figured out what the problem was, I had took my car to a local shop and gave them the spring to put on the front, i told them that i wasn't sure which one was the front so he took two and assure me it was the front about a month ago, well they were for the rears, this weekend i finally said let me try to do the back so i put the front spring in the back and backs were on the front so it was totally off, so i had to install konis in the front so i didn't really mind as much but yet i did have to redo the rears so that kinda was a pain. know i got all the spring rite and the konis in the front but the front isn't tucking anymore so moving the ring down on the struts show do that but before i attept that job again would it affect the ride, the smoothness or how stiff the car is
Team LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension