Acura Legend Forum banner

Winter 2006 NC Legend Meet - Official picture thread

10K views 57 replies 33 participants last post by  3.2legend 
#1 ·
Well just got back from the NC legend meet. It was really cool to meet
kenso, acts238, chapman89, lgnd4u2nv and hondaman23. Everybody was down to earth and really enjoyed seeing the lineup.

These pics are resized and a little blurry due to overcast day and a cheap camera, but enjoy. If anyone wants the full size pics in zip file, please PM me.

Anybody from the meet, feel free to post your pics here!

Kenso, Acts238, Hondaman23, Chapman89, Lgnd4u2nv, BigD

Kenso's 11 out of 10 beyond mint coupe...you'd just have to see in person

Convey is rolling

Did I mention I liked Kenso's car?

See less See more
#4 ·
Awesome view

left to right members: Eric (honda enthusiast tagalong), Hondaman23, Devon (came with lgnd4u2nv), Kenso, Lgnd4u2nv, Acts238, Chapman89
(sorry guys I don't remember everyone's real names :))

More to come...I think a few other people got pictures they will hopefully add

#7 ·
I just noticed Russel's new coupe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tight!!!

kenso clone to be???

#8 ·
I just noticed Russel's new coupe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tight!!!

kenso clone to be???
Russell's coupe is very nice...brand new leather, in-dash alpine DVD unit, awesome audio setup, mint GS wheels, etc. Lots of good ideas from these guys!

why is it kenso's car never looks dirty?lol
I don't know, but my car stayed clean about 10 minutes :)

#11 ·
So, I was lying in bed at 11 pm last night and almost decided to get up early and rush down to join you guys. I'm a native Tarheel and my parents live in Burlington, so I could have stayed over with them. Too much other travel this holiday (spent Christmas in NYC), so I was just too drained. Maybe I'll be down for the next one ... a reunion of sorts.

Pics look great. Overcast skies make for much better looking Legends. How did Richard enjoy the new KSports on the drive?

Winter envy!!!!!!!!

#20 ·
Yeah, you did! Wild times let me tell you. I don't have the pics, hopefully Wes will post them up tomorrow. The meet was a lot of fun, words can't even describe the driving portion, it was pretty intense. I drove straight through from Hickory to Wilmington and got home about 1:30 am. Here are a couple of my pics, I didn't take many, just concentrated on driving. I'm glad I made it out this time around, the meet was great.

Shot of the mountain and the winding road

#21 · (Edited)
Damn guys, wish I could have stayed but my buddy and I had to get back in Asheville before 6. I hope chapman's bumper was ok!

Here are some more shots; they are sorta similar, but what the hell:

lgnd4u2nv had a great original paint job

Acts238 coupe - everybody got quiet when him and kenso pulled up together :smokin:

Ok now everyone say it together "I wish that guy would move his ugly ford"

Relaxing after intense mountain twisties

#24 ·
Fun was had by all....Even those who lost and regained a bumper!

Never have gone to a meet before, but if all were like this one, I'm in for the next one! Great to meet all of you and it is nice to see that others are as crazy about the make as me. All I drive is Hondas (hence my username) and this is great to see that people are making these Legend exactly what their name implies!

Great drives, weather sorta cooperated. We had some mist from the low lying clouds in some areas of the Blue Ridge Parkway and then on 221 that parallels the BRP. There was one section of the BRP that was closed, but we went around that and still were able to travel on the Viaduct. I hope everyone noticed that you drove on this historic piece of NC History. Short but wierd!

I'm sure everyone wants to see about the encounter that Chapman89 had with a soft patch of NC embankment. I apologized up front for the taking of these pics, but it had to be done to chronicle our events of the day. He was not hurt, but was shaken. Not enough to slow him down though. He almost spun the car after we took off again!

We did get a chance to swing by the house and reassemble the pieces. It was just by great forethought that all pieces were accounted for and with a little pursuation, zip ties, and some clear tape, Chapman was back in one piece. All the lights worked!!!! Little rubbing coupound and some love and the sedan will look .....

Great Meet! Everything's well that ends well! ;)

#25 ·
Damn!!! I'm glad no one was hurt, and that the legend is truly built like a tank. Snapped right back on...nice. I was behind Chapman on the first leg of the drive, and he was tearing it up (in a good way) for a stock sedan. Looks like the conditions got the better of him for a minute, but you couldn't be with a better group of guys for that to happen :)

#26 ·
WOO HOO!

This was the most fun meet I have ever been to! The mountain driving was very intense. It seemed the me that the coupes have much better handling abilities than the sedans do. The sedans rear ends seem to want to swing out under hard turning.

As some of you have seen by reading around on the forum, I received the Ksport coil-overs for Christmas, so I was sure to have them installed by this meet. All together I now have the MLS strut bar, Addco rear sway, Fut's rear tie bars, and the Ksports. Also in the brakes category I have Brembo slotted rotors and Hawk ceramic pads.

Let me say WOW!!!! the sedan has never felt so nimble. I was able to drive those mountain roads just as well as the coupes that were there. When Russel(Acts238) was driving in front of me through the turns I could here his wheels squeeling all the way around the mountain, but I was able to stick to the road and take the turns with NO tracktion problems. I did start to slide a little bit when we got to an area with a little water on the ground so be careful of that.

I think the best way to describe the sedans handling is, my car with all of the suspension mods handles just as good as a coupe with a few suspension mods.

Sorry I forgot my camera so I have no pictures.

#33 ·
WOO HOO!

This was the most fun meet I have ever been to! The mountain driving was very intense. It seemed the me that the coupes have much better handling abilities than the sedans do. The sedans rear ends seem to want to swing out under hard turning.

As some of you have seen by reading around on the forum, I received the Ksport coil-overs for Christmas, so I was sure to have them installed by this meet. All together I now have the MLS strut bar, Addco rear sway, Fut's rear tie bars, and the Ksports. Also in the brakes category I have Brembo slotted rotors and Hawk ceramic pads.

Let me say WOW!!!! the sedan has never felt so nimble. I was able to drive those mountain roads just as well as the coupes that were there. When Russel(Acts238) was driving in front of me through the turns I could here his wheels squeeling all the way around the mountain, but I was able to stick to the road and take the turns with NO tracktion problems. I did start to slide a little bit when we got to an area with a little water on the ground so be careful of that.

I think the best way to describe the sedans handling is, my car with all of the suspension mods handles just as good as a coupe with a few suspension mods.

Sorry I forgot my camera so I have no pictures.
such a fitting screename too....yes I envy the look of your car man

Chapman...damn good to hear you didnt wipe her over the side man.....coulda got ugly but looks like you handled yourself allright

#27 ·
Oh man those are the pictures! Just so everyone knows I was coming from the opposite direction, everything was going extremely well and then the ass of my car came flying around. I managed to avoid a solid rock wall and going off the opposite side of the road (drop off)

All in all it was an awesome meet and I can't thank those enough for getting my car to look drivable again! I'm pretty sure we should have the meet near that area again, w/o rain! As BigD said the stock suspension on my sedan did amazing in my opinion, I truely knows it "new" limits!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.