Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you pick both being Vtec, If I decide to get a coupe newer than a Legend coupe, (2000 or newer) its either one of those, right now those are my favorite mid priced coupes. If the Denali doesn't go through I might just go to the Honda dealer, I'm not spending 47-50k on nothing else, its either the SUV or a mid priced coupe. (per wife)

This may happen within a year.
I need you alls input.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Depends on what you need on your newer coupe. Here's some consideration for both.

Accord is more luxury than Prelude
Accord is bigger than Prelude
Prelude is sportier than accord.
Prelude is faster than accord.
Accord has more trunk space than prelude.
Accord has more rear passanger area than prelude.

There are more consideration, but those are some that you should think about.

If me, I would get the Prelude. But for now, I settle for my legend, because it has all of the qualities of both Accord and Prelude. It is faster than prelude, lots of luxury, big trunk, reasonable backseat and sporty enough for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd go with the Prelude.

I really like the look of the last gen prelude. I think it is one of the last cars of its kind.. meaning sporty with straight clean lines rather than bubble shapes that make todays cars look like space mobiles. My neighbor has one, and I always take a second look at it when I walk by it.

I like the way it combines the late 80's early 90's look with a modern sleek design.

Like the legend, it has a timeless design.
I'd take one over an accord coupe any day:D

·
Registered
310 Posts
i owned a 99 SH prelude and if i have another chance, i will get a lude again. i like everything about lude (aftermarket mods, style, gauge, seat, everything) except the engine power, 4 cylinders. sometimes i need more raw power to launch my car and easier high end gain to get top speed and my lude didn't provide that for me. legend does, btw. :D

other than that, i loved and missed my lude so much. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
The prelude, go with the prelude, it dosen't require much to make it look sweet, drop, wheels, debadge it and your set, and lookin good. Its simple but different.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
LIVING_LEGEND said:
I'd go with the Prelude.

I really like the look of the last gen prelude. I think it is one of the last cars of its kind.. meaning sporty with straight clean lines rather than bubble shapes that make todays cars look like space mobiles. My neighbor has one, and I always take a second look at it when I walk by it.

I like the way it combines the late 80's early 90's look with a modern sleek design.

Like the legend, it has a timeless design.
I'd take one over an accord coupe any day:D
I second that

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Get the Accord V6 EX coupe. Has almost all the luxury amenities of the Legend LS, more luxurous than the L. Way roomier than the Lude. Get a set of headers and the comptech Supercharger, you'll just as fast as ludes.

G

·
Leon Millette said:

I second that
I triple that ;)
Seriously though, the 97-01 Prelude is an incredible car. My three favorite Honda's that I would ever really consider owning are (1) Legend of course :p (2) NSX, who the hell wouldn't want one, and (3) the prelude cause it's an incredible sports car that can be made incredibly fast with a turbo, lowered.

Prelude all the way!!!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Prelude , I don't like the last gen, I liked the one before that. The new one to me, looks ugly, in my opinion, the back is nice, but the front is awful, I don't like it at all, power is good.

Accord, only Accord I like is the newer 2door one, with the solid piece in the back, very nice car, I would definately go with a V6, but don't forget all the V6s are Auto.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you got kids, or planning to have a bunch, then I would say the Accord wagon, but if it's just you and the Mrs, Man stop playing and get that 'Lude it has so much potential when you dress it up. It kinda reminds me of a baby Legend(just less backseat room). Yeah, go ahead with that 'Lude, and if you have any bucks to spare, send it this way so I can get one too.:) :)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
If I didn't have a Legend, I would probably get the Prelude myself. Up until the RSX, I didn't really care for the G3 Integra, unless it had the JDM front end coversion. Now the Prelude is a nice car.

·
Registered
513 Posts
man...so many favoring the prelude, i like the 'lude, but personally and this is just based on MO because of preference, size etc, i'd get the accord ex v6 black on black. those things are so sweet, i feel as if it is the "honda legend"; because of course it is the flagship coupe and honda/acura got rid of the coupe version when they changed the legend to the RL. accord coupe is nice, and bigger which is my basis for choosing it. also a lot of aftermarket support.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
MISS CONGENIALITY said:
What is the pricing on these cars? I never really paid any attention. Also did the Prelude ever come with leather as an option?
I know leather is available, so it was eitehr an option or maybe standard on the later high end models. I'm not sure about that though. But as far a luxury, I don't see the Accord having anything more lucurious over the Prelude. Both have all power options, leather and what not.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ChrisK said:

I know leather is available, so it was eitehr an option or maybe standard on the later high end models. I'm not sure about that though. But as far a luxury, I don't see the Accord having anything more lucurious over the Prelude. Both have all power options, leather and what not.
Accord V6 have climate control, steering wheel audio controls standard. And it has optional heated seat.

None of these are availible to Prelude.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts