Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , I was wondering since I have a problem with passenger rear window regulator (died on me today...window doesn't go up or down, creaking noises, etc...) on my 2002 3.5RL; whether I can replace it with a 1998 (for example...) 3.5RL regulator or I really do need to find the right year model thing...? I don't know just by looking at the pics they show on different web sites if they are model year specific. Any suggestion would be extremely helpful.

·
Ultimate DIYer
174 Posts
96-04 RL window regulators are all the same. You may search on eBay to buy an aftermarket one at around $45 plus shipping or buy an OEM at $300. Another choice is replacing a cheap broken plastic pulley to metal brass wheel on the regulator which is responsible for 99% regulator problems. You can get the metal brass wheel for door or sliding window for home accessory at Home Depot or Lowe's. There's DIY for this in the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks RLer! I got my homework done on the DIY but I needed to know that little add-in. I pulled it out and seen that the spindle inside had mangled wires.Nothing other to do than buy a new lift motor (hopefully it comes with the strings mounted on...) and replace it in the old regulator (which BTW looks fine)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.