Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive tried and cannot get my 02 sensors out the 4 different o2 sockets ive trieded do not seem to hold properly

anyone recomend a shop in the east GTA area that can do this for me?

what should i expect to pay?

I have the NGK sensors allready so its just the labour

Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant get the old ones out 350,000 kms they have been in there
I have the NGK direct fit to replace them with

I dropped it off at a muffler shop this am and they could NOT remove them

they said they needed to heat them up (cant see how there gonna torch them down there???) but if they heat its 50/50 that the threads will tear meaning they would have to remove manifolds $400+ if that happens

is this true??

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Yeah, whoever does it will have to heat them up. But with a blowtorch and breaker bar you should be able to get them out. Looks like the muffler shop is just trying to make more money off you or just doesn't want to take the risk.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok the shop got the o2's out today they had to heat the living crap out of them and really really give it on a big 3 ft extension but they came out with little thread dammage they retapped the manifold and all is well

cost me $130.00 canadian tax in id never have gotten them off at home esp without torches

so at 355,000km my legand has its 1st 02 sensor change lets hope my 11 mpg improves......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.