Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Wow, the best combination of red, white and blue I've seen on this site!! :lol: (It's not white I know, but close enough for me!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Right!?! I don't know why everyone is stuck on trying to put the NSX engine in a G1 Legend, when the TL-S is set up almost exactly like the Legend, and fabrication for fitting the motor and trans would be a LOT less!
i thought about that and wondered if it was possible and is the engine in the TL north south positioned like the g2???

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's set up exactly the same as a first gen. Legend, with engine on the passenger side and trans on the driver's. Even the engine mounts are in relatively the same area, and the TL has an aluminum engine cradle, which might even be able to swap over with some modification. That way, the two bottom engine mounts wouldn't have to be modified. You'd only have to worry about the upper mounts and torque stabilizer. It would still take a lot of work, don't get me wrong, but a lot less work than trying to pull off a c32 from the NSX. Too many problems with doing that....shift linkage in the wrong spot, engine mounts in very different locations....I'm not trying it. The TL-S engine, though, is an idea I've had for a long time, except I was going to use the 3.5 from like an Odyssey van or MDX, but there's no manual trans for those. I was very excited to see the 3.5 in the TL-S. As soon as I run across one that's been K.O.'d, I'm buying the powertrain before the car gets crushed.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,671 Posts
personally the type s rims ... i aint a big fan of them.. and they look too small on the car stock... once the car is lowered a little bit .. it sits perfectly (my opinion) but fuuuk. id still drive that car anyday!.. any of those..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.