Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

this dumbass with an 08 tc thinks he can beat be in a race, and is talkin too much trash, about how our cars are too old. and i wana teach him a lesson so he can put his money where his mouth is. lol

can anyone tell me if i can own this TC?

car specs: 08 tc auto
with SRI aprox 170hp.

my car: 94 Legend L 4dr auto
with SRI.

im pretty sure i can own him what do you guys think?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

guys this is going to be on the track not on the roads so any input would help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bout even, your Type I Legend prolly pushes 175-180 ponies...TOPS.

The book HP means nothing. All depends on the drivers here. Boat vs. Compact.

I hope you win. :bigok:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Should be about even. I think stock Scion 1/4 mile times are high 15s low 16s. Which should be about even with a TypeI Auto Legend....stock that is.
I've seen the #s for TypeIIs stock usually around mid 15s.

Your biggest enemy is weight, you may have 200HP compared the Scion's 161hp. However the difference is about ~600lbs in weight.. in favor of the Scion. Reminds me of a race against a prelude...if you do happen to do a drag strip (legal) race. Let us know what your times were...

·
Just Another Guy
555 Posts
You got him. Especially if you race from a role - 20mph FTW!

If you got a chip, I'd put money down.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I almost beat an auto TC with my stupid auto CR-V. it will be a good race but the legend has way more torque than that lil 4 banger and i think it will take it fairly easily. Off the line the legend's got it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
done it in a 92ls auto sedan. the kid didn't stand a chance. the most even match for the TC i'd say is a 2000 civic si.. weight and power are very close.

and i can smoke a stock 2000 si any day.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dial in your take off starting from D1 and shift to D3 right around 6500 rpm.

If you have time and are mechanically inclined, do these couple little mods and reduce your weight slightly before hitting track so you DO completely OWN him.

Throttle body bypass: good for 2-3 hp gains

DIY:http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f13/diy-throttle-body-coolant-bypass-42654/

EGR Block: Dv8 sells the block plates for $10 and the install takes about 5-10 mins for a 4-5 hp gain.

If you have a week or two before you race him, pick up another short ram intake of ebay for $25-30 and turn your sri into a cold air. good for another 3-5 ponies. Along with a ground wiring kit from ebay $15-20, a few ponies and a few ft lbs of torque.

Remove your a/c belt and power steering too. My friend has a type R integ. When he had it on the dyno, he removed the power steering belt to see what the gain would be. 7hp at the wheels my friend. That 10-15 minutes you'll spend to remove it is well worth the extra several ponies. Same goes with your a/c belt.

Make sure to remove your spare tire, and jack at least. If you don't mind removing seats or panels for the race you should go ahead and do that.

The more weight you take off, the quicker you will get off the line and up to speed.
Rear seats (6 bolts), Pass seat (4 bolts), pass and both rear door panels, and floor mats.

Good luck man. Show that lil shii talking batch why hodna motors superior to toyota's and smoke is ace with a 14 year old provider sized luxo mobile.

Too old he say's... I can't wait till you completely crush his tc pride and show him what the 'ol legends are capable of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts