Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like that accord,,, high quality... Legend is phat as usual.... but just to let you know you cant read anytihng of what the 1/4 slips say..

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Looks nice! Whats up with the upside down acura sign in the front?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Nice lookin car:)

That leather looks sweet too.... I miss the new leather feel as I just sold my sedan that had the new leather in it.

I have two of those black acura shoulder pads for sale if you want them.... they dont match my interior

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leather was done by master leather seat covers in MIAMI...If I can find the # I will post it. Or try 411... (305) is the area code and its call Master Leather Seat Covers

·
Registered
393 Posts
ding ding ding da da ding ding
rice rice baby
That Accord is gross, but, hey... if he's happy.

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am making a selling the CAI and the paint is a blue metalic flake, Competition paint I found in Discount autoparts.
THe CAI connects to the factory intake and then its about $40 in supply's then add labor, let me know how much anyone wants to spend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I might be interested in buying one if you keep the price low. Is it the same in the pictures? What kind of filter does it have? How much of a performance increase can you get?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also interested in the CAI.. Will it fit a type I? Noticable gain in HP or torque?

I live in Colorado.. How will this work with rain/snow?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
91coupe said:
Also interested in the CAI.. Will it fit a type I? Noticable gain in HP or torque?

I live in Colorado.. How will this work with rain/snow?
Another CO legend, cool.
Anyway, personally I wouldn't mount a cai because of possible moisture getting into the intake and causing hydrolock. There is the AEM bypass valve, but I don't know if it would fit onto his piping.

A cai isn't going to net you that much more hp anyway.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
infinite said:

Another CO legend, cool.
Anyway, personally I wouldn't mount a cai because of possible moisture getting into the intake and causing hydrolock. There is the AEM bypass valve, but I don't know if it would fit onto his piping.

A cai isn't going to net you that much more hp anyway.
Crap! unless you drive through a lake you wont hydrolock.

Im sick of all this Marketing BULL that AEM stired up. if it rains disconnecct the CAI tube and run a regular intake. if you have a one peice and your really that scared of water then cut you intake at the desired spot and be done with it.

I run a CAI rain or shine. And I havent run a filter in the passed year. Am i an Idiot? Maybe. but you can call me HARDCORE! I have no dirt in my oil, or oil pan for that matter, and my compression still checks at 185 across the board.

By the way HOME DEPOT PLUMMING sucks. So i suggest you find another creative way to make an intake. How un legend like does it seem when you pop your hood to show off your one of a kind V6 and you got the plumming that carries your sh!t from your toilet to your sewer as an intake?

RICE!

by the way i cant read your timeslips worth Crap.

~Hybrid

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My intake give me MAD performance, torque and HP..When I nail it, no power brake it will spin pretty nice off the line...A short chirp actually so the time isn't longer due to wheel spinn. My intake manifold run so much cooler and the piping is better than metal b/c it wont heat up...Hydrolock and water in the intake is bull, I live in FL and it rains all the time, even driving through puddles, I have never got water into the intake. THe filter may even get wet bet it doesnt travel up the piping. The Air-bypass valvue is like Y2k its a scam to make people nervous and spen money... I dont know what snow is like, never seen it. The only way top mees it up is driving through a river or something like those Land Rover commercials. I have not decided on the perfect filter yet...Injen is awsome and I dont like K&N I have done research and the HKS is good and Holley has a NEW filter that woops up opn the K&N big time b/c the way the filter is attached to the plastic or rubber.
The CAI make your car run better (the cooling of the intake manifold) and it will give mad torque, HP and in my auto the RAMING effect when I hit 3 60+mph BIG BIG GAINS.
I will try to make a deal with Holley I think by buying many filters at a low cost and I can sell the intake with a filter. For more info send me a message or e-mail me.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
mad performance?
looks like u'r slip says 15.2 and 14.8.
what does it really say? only you can tell us. if i'm right though, you've wasted time, effort and maybe even power with u'r setup. i think stock times are in the area of 14.6. someone help me out here.maybe i'm wrong but 15's on the legend isn't that good. no?
-j

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Mad performance???
Is this the same intake that suppose to give 19.3HP, like you said in this Post? You said you dynoed it, that means you should be at 215whp???:rolleyes:

A regular intake gives you 1-3 HP max, a CAI probably will give you 5 at the wheels:rolleyes:

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have an auto type II stock times should be between 15.7-15.9 I also had a sound system in the trunk, my only mod is this intake, I ran a 15.4. Las time I ran I ran a 16.4 stock but I also had a BAD BAD luanch. Intake and a good launch took a second off. 14.8 was my friends Modded mustang GT with H- Pipe not cats, and steeda timing adjuster. 14's are really hard to hit, people think there cars are faster than they really are. I expect a 15.1 when I go back, thats with no system and hopefully a good track.

14.6 I WISH!

I feel I gained about 20-25 flywheel 12-15 to the wheels.. I take back the 19.3 b/c that is G-Tech Crap I'll get a realy dyno ASAP.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts