Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 15" sub fit into the trunk? I want more trunk space and was thinking about selling my speakers and amp and then upgrading to a single 15" Power HX2 with a Fosgate Power BD 1500 watt amp. What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

This probabably won't happen until at least after summer.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I was going to do that and decided not to because of the size of the box (bandpass) would still eat up more space then I wanted, so I just did a single 12' 1000watt sub in a sealed Qlogic box feeding about 800 or so watts to it (tight deep and very loud), and I simply can't imagin having more bass than that in my car, no way.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
hey RenoG are the 1 with the 1000watt audiobahn? how hard does it hit?? i mean do u feel it in ur chest? really hard? and how far away can u hear it bump.....................

i dont know what i want man............i was thinking 2 12" power hx2's.............but then id need 2 power bd1500 amps............and that would be puttin out at least 2000 watts...................RMS

and things wud be kinda complicated.................

or i cud get 2 12" punch hx2's..................still 1000 watts rms total
but id still need 2 amps.................kinda complicates things.........

so maybe i cud just get one 12" 1000 watt sub...................

but wouldnt even 2 12" inch 500 watt subs hit harder??

so many diff choices to make............and then theres da $$ issue............

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if u'r not running a sealed box for the 15's, the volume needed for anything else will be way too much for u'r trunk.
i was gonna go with 1 15 but the volume needed for a vented box on the sub was 4 cubic feet.
i don't even think we have 4 cubic feet in the trunk. =) so i decided on 2 12's with 1.3 cubic feet in each chamber.
-j

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would definitely go for a sealed box.

oh, and Legend4Life, I have the punch hx2s running off one 800.2 amp (which pushs out 1012 watts RMS) and I get lots of compliments on my bass.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Legendz4life - I'm more than satisfied with my sub it hits very hard and loud and deep very clear Audiobahn is a much better sub than last years model foe sho, of course there are always better subs out there. My sub cost dang near 400 retail thats alot of money, I didn't pay that I got mines much cheaper (hook ups) but all 1000watt subs are $$$

But to answer your question, yes I too was wondering how much I would feel the bass in the car, Legends are very well insulated my installer was very impressed. but to my surprise the bass response inside the cabin was much more than I expected in fact I had to turn down the sub volume it was too loud giving me a headacke and yes you feel every beat in your back and chest. if you got a good high powered amp to push it you'll get all that. Oh you can hear me (if I crank it up good) two blocks away (on the same street), I did a test, and thats with my current settings bass level at 9, 12 being the highest, and thats with no distortion/bottoming out mind you. Like I said before any quality 1000watt R.M.S. sub will will give you that thus putting you in another arena as far as SPL. Personally I wouldn't be able handle having two. Yall young bucks can have all that.

Dedicate a high power amp just for a sub like that, don't share it with the mid and tweets you can but I wouldn't recommend it.
So yeah you still would have two amps which means more $$$ but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
495 Posts
subwoofer

hey there, in my opinion the best sub out there is the Orion HCCA series. i have tried alot of subs, my last being 2 12" image dynamics IDMAX's, supposidely one of the best out there. I've decided on my 1 12" orion hcca, it is insanly loud, loudest 12" i've ever heard, one is too much. (makes you breath funny). beats 2 or 3 other 12"s. Very loud and pretty darn accurate. Nate

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you are going for the same brand and line of subs and want to be as loud, one 15 isn't gonna be lounder than two 12. 2x12 that's 24" of surface space vs. 15" Unless you have 2x12 in a sealed vs 1x15 in a ported box then you'll probably be just as loud or maybe a bit lounder with a single 15.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question for you guys with the big amps.. Till recently I've been running a single audiobahn alum12 bridged @ 3 ohms to a fosgate 800a2 and while the bass is awesome I really don't like killing my battery every other month, do you get a 2nd battery and an isolator, or just charge your battery once in awhile? I know there's bigger alternators out there, but I'm thinking more along the lines of trading this sub/amp for some rims and getting a single hcca or something similiar I can use a much smaller amp with..

Oh and just so you guys know, the fosgates are simply amazing, my 800a2 ran a full 4 ohm load for a year before I got it, and has been running full power on a 3 ohm load for the last 2 years, the only problem I've had was my amp used to overheat on occaision the first summer I had it cause it was laying flat in the back compartment which I kept closed..

I could go on for hours about stereos, but I must go find a tranny.. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts