Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting rims sometime this summer. I'm looking to get 17" rims because I would want a bigger tire for a smoother ride (I'm going to be lowering my car also but not much). For those of you with 17's, what size tires are you using and do you have any pics that you can post?

Also, I'm looking at a set of rims that are 17 x 7 with an offset of 50. Will this fit?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hell yeah they will fit.:D
I'm running 17x7 as with +42 offset, and with 215/45/17 Kumho Supra Ecstas (or something like that). I dont have any problems rubbing(Im stock) and you deffinatly wont have problems with a drop.

·
Registered
183 Posts
17" Rims

17" is a Good Choice, I've got 17" and the ride quality is on aything other than smo-o-o-o-th roads is noticeably worse than the stock 16", so hate to think what 18" are like. Mine are Kosei Hex, 17x7 1/2" with 42 mm offset. so 7" (12.5mm wider than your 7" - i.e 6mm wider each side of centre line should be OK with a 50mm offset. Tyres, stick with 215/45x17's!. Any wider you will need a lower profile, so less ride comfort, less grip in the wet, and more prone to 'tramlining'.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would prefer 18's better but thats my choice. With a drop and a HUGE body kit, My car looks funny with suck small rims. PM me and i will meet up with ya and show you what I mean.

Latz.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got my 18"x7.5 Konig Tantrums last week and I love them!!! I got 215/40/18 Falken FK-451's. I don't notice a loss in ride quality at all, some of the streets where I live aren't very good, I am very impressed!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yo Kurizma, 17x7, 40mm, 225/45/17ZR

I got 17x7, 40 mm, 225/45/17ZR (Nitto), they ride great & dont rub

So Im sure a 50mm offset would be fine

I dont have my car lowered tho, so watch out for that

Stratoknight I think "tramlining" occurs when ur tire profile is so low that ur basically just running like ur on ur bare rims

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
tramlining is when a tire follows inperfections in the road.

say if you live in the city or in southern states you'll notice that there are cracks in the street that they Half-A55 repair by putting tar on top of them. a tire tramlines, when you hit these lines and the tire tries to follow them. this is caused by not enough flex in the tire to be able to ride over the lines, instead it rides on these lines.

hope this clarifies things for you

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the info guys.. I'm going to try to check out all the cars at the So Cali meet and make a decision then. Hopefully, i'll have rims by the middle of summer :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.