Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting either 17" or 18" Konig Tantrums but not sure which size to go with. I will be lower my car (in the near future) with H&R spring and Koni shocks and I want about a 2" drop. Was wondering what you guys think would be best 17 or 18"s?
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thankx...I guess I will go with the 18"s! I was just quoted today for 17" Tantrums w/ Toyo tires at $1150 or 18" w/ Toyo tires at $1550. I thought that was a fair price.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
does anybody know about the Anzio Tuner joints by Giovanna. i find those wheels to be very attractive. do any of you have them, if so i'd like to see pics of them.

one...

·
Registered
847 Posts
lol, guess I'm the only one going from 18" to 17":D

G

·
18's are great as long as you don't go with a really heavy big chromed out one. Go with something that is a lot more open with less metal. That way it won't slow you down so much. I'm going to be going from 17" to 18's someday. I do need new tires now so it may be a good time. I'm not quite sure that I have the money though. There are so many other things that I want to spend my money on.

·
Registered
847 Posts
chrome and open or not are the only reasons for heavy rims. My current set is 5 spoke, but they weight a ton:D Weight is more effected by the way the wheel was made.(cast or forge)

G

·
18's is the only way to hit corners....:D

Unless your a big boi and are scrapin' 19's then your doing it....:D

But 18's look best on the Coupes IMO, 17's can work on the Sedan if lowered right..

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
T Radz said:
well thankx...I guess I will go with the 18"s! I was just quoted today for 17" Tantrums w/ Toyo tires at $1150 or 18" w/ Toyo tires at $1550. I thought that was a fair price.
the extra 400 will be worth it

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
does anybody know about the Anzio Tuner joints by Giovanna. i find those wheels to be very attractive. do any of you have them, if so i'd like to see pics of them.

one...
I came close to getting those, but I went with the Giovanna Corsica's instead 18x7.5 Chrome +45 offset. The corsica's were a little cheaper. Plus a guy here has the anzio's on a 2002 Lac Escalade in 22's believe. I didn't want to look like a little brother to him, plus his Escalade is white, just like my G2 coupe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.