Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was helping a friend put a new intake in his Prelude when someone rolled up in a newer model integra with a lot of stuff done to it. One guy that was there got to talking about it and said that it was capable of hitting 170. I didn't believe him and still don't but I'd like to get your input. It is a base model, GS I beleive, with an automatic and all he's done to it is intake, exhaust and headers. As well as 17" wheels, body kit, stereo, and other show only things. What do you think, is he full of it or should I not race this thing?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I believe, after recently looking into this topic that a 5spd GSR can top out at 145. But I am not 100% positive. I think they did a test on a 2000 GSR in C/D a number of months back, i'll have to see if I can find the article.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds about right but this guys car isn't a GSR and isn't even a manual. I think I'll have to race him and make him understand that a Legend isn't something to laugh at.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
GSRs dont feel like they will hit 145 but iv never taken my friends or been with my frined when he has gone 145 but how knows. And that little guy can definately not do 170mph in his little tegra.

G

·
My friend has Honda Civic with a GSR engine, and it is Turbo and Intercooler. Runs close to 300hp, and the fastest he ever got the car going without Turbo was 135. Now with the Turbo he can get it up to probably like 150, he has never tried though. Those 4 bangers just don't do high speeds very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts