Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
waste of money... i think your stocks would prob sound better. you get what you pay for.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Foam surrounds=cheap piece of crap. However, if you have an old small amp sitting around to power them, I doubt for $30 you'd be terriblly disapointed.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I work at Mobile Audio Designs in Akiruno Japan and from a seller to a buyer, only trust what you know is good and what you have heard before and seen thier performance. NEVER BUY USED SPEAKERS OF ANYKIND>>>EVEN FROM A FRIEND WHAT IS MEANT WELL CAN TURN SOUR. And my opinion on Blau's...they suck. But that's my opinion, some of my friends in Europe love them. Don't be thrifty save if you have to for good stuff.

·
Registered
614 Posts
jrock7791 said:
I work at Mobile Audio Designs in Akiruno Japan and from a seller to a buyer, only trust what you know is good and what you have heard before and seen thier performance. NEVER BUY USED SPEAKERS OF ANYKIND>>>EVEN FROM A FRIEND WHAT IS MEANT WELL CAN TURN SOUR. And my opinion on Blau's...they suck. But that's my opinion, some of my friends in Europe love them. Don't be thrifty save if you have to for good stuff.
I agree 120%. If your gonna get an audio system, do it right the first time. Save up and get some decent components the first time around. It'll save you a lot of trouble in the long run. Cuz redoing your system is a biatch. And my opinion of Blau are that they are a POS also. But then again i have real high standards for speakers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
legendHI said:
Foam surrounds=cheap piece of crap. However, if you have an old small amp sitting around to power them, I doubt for $30 you'd be terriblly disapointed.
can you please explain to me why foam surround = piece of crap?

some of the best woofers outthere uses foam surround, in many cases, well engineered foam surround provides better dampening for the cone and is as durable as rubber :) so please do judge a speaker by its cover.

hehehe, BUT, in this case, he is right, those are cheap piece of crap, the blaus are okay, nothing speical, but definetly a step up over stock :)

everytime I see those 1500 watt coax stuff I think of a certain car ad I saw once, its for a chrylser K car, and advertised that it was able to go 150 mph. hahha, sure, if you drop it off te empire state building :) :)

b

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was thinking when shopping around "entry-level" equipment for speakers that will last you a while, its best to look for polypropelene or kevlar cones and rubber surrounds. . .In the cheaper brands, paper cones and foam surrounds usually lead a speaker to fall apart with enough use and/or abuse.

However, I am a NOVICE and only somewhat "experienced" in entry-level car audio, hence my assumption.

:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
hee hee...well, I think its usually true that really crappy speakres use foam and paper...etc etc...however, its not true that all foam and paper speakres are crap :)

treated paper cone are still used on many many woofers, even very high quality ones, becuase for most applications, treated paper hav4e a higher rigidity/weight ration than many other materials...

foam, is also something used on hgih qualtiy subs, look at JLs for example, as well as morel, lunar subs...they are really nice stuff, and all come with foam surrounds :)

just my two cents :)

b

·
Registered
689 Posts
cool, now i know. :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Blaupunkt are VERY GOOD speakers for the price. Their overdrive series is there best right now. You'll be very happy with them if you decide to buy them.

LEgEnD4LiFe said:
ok thats what i thought..........................
what about these??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1826445834

isnt Blaupunkt a decently sized reputable audio company?

these are 150 watts RMS each, and they are cheap too, a pair for about $50 or so. what do you think?? good sound quality?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts