Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I know these problems have been asked a million times .. I figure I would start up a thread so people can search for issues about which rims fit what kind of car w/ different drops.

I have Koni / Ground control right now on my 93 coupe so I can easily change the height of my car ..

Has anyone attempted fitting 18 x 7.5 with a 45 offset on these? Any rubbing or any problems?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have 18 x 7.5 with a +42 offset lowered (tire 225/35/18) with Ground Controls and koni's (about 1.5-2 inches and there is only very little rubbing on the rear passager side over bumps at about 70mph or on very tight left turns. Can easily be solved with rolling back my rear fenders (waiting until I paint the car, besides now my car is "WINTERIZED".
So you should have no problems with the car lowered.

Good Luck,
Mark

AKA Legendmap

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
That's what I got on mine with the new SSRs (unlowered), 215 tires.
Dave,

Which SSR wheels do you have? Any Picts?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Integral GT1's. Check the NOPI pics at LegendaryLegendz.com or the Tire Rack. 18 lbs for 18X7.5 is not to bad.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Thats what I'm running

Same size and offset, but with a 215 tire. That's the key to not rubbing, and a more accurate speedometer. Oh, and I'm dropped 2" on GC and Koni's.

·
Banned
7 Posts
19x8 +45 = to rub or not to rub

TYPEII said:

Dave,

Sup folks!
94 GS sedan w 1.5 front 1" rear w, H&R's. Advan model 5 is what im peeping out.
I noticed some Legend owners have fitted 19's but I dont know if they have had any problems. Any help is appreciated. :confused:

·
Banned
7 Posts
about those rims

cody
is that 215/35 with 18" or 19"?
another quick question: do you think 225/45 will rub on a lowered legend with rolled fenders with a 18 x8 42 offset rim. I had 18x8 with a 38 offset w/ 235/40 rims when it was not lowered with no fender rolls and it didnt rub.
which tire is taller? 225/45 18 or 235/40?
good looking out and thanks for any info.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
235/40 is taller. The 40 is a percentage of the width, which in this case is 235. So if you get a 225 with the same 40 sidewall, it will be shorter than the 235, but not by much.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i have the 18in. The main thing to make the car not rub is the tire size. The tires might work but i wouldnt take the cance if i were you but i dono. Did u do the fenders your self with the bat or what? thanks

--cody

·
Banned
7 Posts
rollin, rollin, rollin

Sup Cody

I had the fenders rolled at a local speed shop. They charged 25 bucks or so. I dont recommend rolling unless its a must; my paint is starting to peel around the wheel well! Ouch. But its not terrible. I do admit that it makes a whole lota room for rims when they are rolled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts