Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made my own cold air intake and got it G-Tech Pro'd +19.3 WP
I am finally getting pics up by friday...
A Homemade COLDair Intake...Mandrel Bend pipping...INJEN FILTER...POWDER COATED PLASTIC PIPING
Trust me...best mod ever... RUN a legend on the highway for 15 minutes at 3,500 rpms then feel the inside of the intake piping, throttle body, and the intake manifold... GARUNTEED DRAMATIC TEMPERATURE DECREASE...hint hint... more power
P.S. real world the air speed up with increased speed to DYNO only reads LESS horsepower than if real fast rushing air runs into the filter... Search for my other thread on the intake...sorry I forgot where it is but I am going to sell them...$$$ 75-150
It depends whether I deside about selling a FILTER with it...
I run BETWEEN 14.7-15.1 all I have is an AUTO 2DR 94 L TYPE II with coldair and a muffler...not exuast...a muffler...hehe
my friends 14.2 mustang get me by 2.5 cars
a friends modded T/A v8 gets me by 1.75-2 cars he runs 14.4
I beat my friends 15.1 SER varinging from beating him by 2 cars to beating him by a half a car he has stick so runs varry

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Those are nice times, but I'm skeptical of the HP increase. Did you compare this to a stock run?

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, this was against a HOT AIR INTAKE, lol, a cone filter sticking out of the factory piping where the old factory air would go, it was connected with a METAL 6" pipe that heated up to a burning temp. My HOT AIR INTAKE made me slower than stock b/c I lost to cars I beat when I was stock... so its probably only 12 HP gain b/c I LOST 1-2 CAR LENGTHS with the HOT AIR INTAKE...LOL

G

·
Can you take some pictures, and let us know when you are going to have them ready to sell to us. I'm really interested, thanks bro. Sounds pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
can you scan the dyno sheet? are you running 219-220 to the wheels? wow!
i'd like to see sheets. maybe i'm did something wrong with my CAI cause i feel a little increase but 19 to wheels. das impressive.

-j

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It sounds real good, post some pics. I am interested in buying the pipe but would rather choose my own filter.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i didn't realize you were sellin it. u'r gonna have to come up with proof on this. a pipe and filter alone without proof will make it hard for you to get any money from anyone.

-j

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dyno chart would be nice, the before and after. I doubt that you can get 19 WHP from just cold air intake alone. But who knows, miracle do happen. Good work.!

·
Registered
282 Posts
why would a HOT air intake actually slow you down? im assuming by HOT, you mean all air intakes that are not CAI.

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well...More like =+15

B/C I was running my slower then stock intake, my HOT AIR intake... I would gain like 3 or 4 running stock from the HOT AIR so the COLD AIR made a bigger difference...I get the DIGITAL CAMERA BY TOMORROW...If you live in FLROIDA I will be @ TOWER SHOPS ON FRI...595 and UNIVERSITY (27th AVE)for you MIami People...I'll show you proof.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
You are confusing me now.

First you said +19, then +12, now +15 HP. Please show us the dyno sheets.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts