Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,503 Posts
1800 Miles? You would be absolutely mad not to buy this if you had a bit of spare money. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Looking forward to the pictures. :D

Regards,
Steve

Love to Love the Legend

· Registered
638 Posts
i'd buy it if has had 0 miles, the engine wasnt broken in and never had a single fluid put in it... actually no, i wouldnt, with 12g's imagine what i could do to the legend i already own?

that engine might be good if it was stored properly by a professional and hasnt been started since like 1991 so the engine wouldnt rott and be full of gunk.... if this is the case i would reccomend tearing the whole thing down and coating everything in assembly lube before cranking it or else that engine could possibly go within a few miles.. that car still wouldnt be worth half that price if that is the case since there isnt any way to be 100% sure it was stored. if i bought it then it would be only for the body.

you should expect atleast 10k miles per year the car is old if it had fluids in it or was in commission or else you probably shouldnt expect getting atleast 200k out of it. in this case i think you would get from 2k-50k out of it

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Hey cigarettcancerman, How are you going with your car? Any prodress yet?

Regards,
Steve

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand the car was one of the first cars sold by this dealership in 1989 when it opened. All the service was done there. I'm just waiting for the pics to be sent to me ! It has the Sandstone exterior with the Silky Ivory interior.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
I have to disagree with cigarettcancerman .... my father has a 1986 Mustang GT ... Convertable .... was going to be the last year ... so he bought it new in 1985 ... special order .... now ... the car has under 700 original miles. The car is in perfect condition ... still smells new. This car was taken car of ... every year ... its run ... long ... about and hour ... oil and filter are changed as well as the gas being drained. I know these legend engines are damn tight! 1800 miles on my car ... look at the oil ... looks like it has about 200 miles on it. In fact ... to make you guys cringe ... im changing my oil at 5k mile intervles now ... even then its still so clean!

· Registered
31 Posts
uhm.. that totally didnt work... :p

· Registered
2,316 Posts
OMG! That is f**king amazing! I so want it ... just where did i put that $12,500 ... lol. man ... who ever buys that shouldnt drive it ... it should be put in a museum! honda should buy this car to show case the amazing technological advances honda had over all the other car manufactures. That car is a work of art. to buy this car and drive it would be a sin! To those of you who say it should be driven should buy one already in its prime at around 95k-150k. I bet there isnt another one of these left anywhere.

· Registered
31 Posts
damnnn thats beautiful... that engine is immac!

· Registered
173 Posts
cigarettcancerman said:
i'd buy it if has had 0 miles, the engine wasnt broken in and never had a single fluid put in it... actually no, i wouldnt, with 12g's imagine what i could do to the legend i already own?

that engine might be good if it was stored properly by a professional and hasnt been started since like 1991 so the engine wouldnt rott and be full of gunk.... if this is the case i would reccomend tearing the whole thing down and coating everything in assembly lube before cranking it or else that engine could possibly go within a few miles.. that car still wouldnt be worth half that price if that is the case since there isnt any way to be 100% sure it was stored. if i bought it then it would be only for the body.

you should expect atleast 10k miles per year the car is old if it had fluids in it or was in commission or else you probably shouldnt expect getting atleast 200k out of it. in this case i think you would get from 2k-50k out of it
If I bought it, it would be a summer car only, would never see salt. If a guy could put a little squirt of motor oil down each cyl, crank er over a few times with a good battery, would it lubricate the cyls, and make the engine last? kind of a grim theory though :****: but I can't see the engine cavvin out just because it hasn't been run. With a fresh oil change, and the oil filler cap off, you could fire it up, and watch the oil run down on the cam to make sure you got oil pressure....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.