Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably a old question, but i just was wondering whats the inlet size on the stock exaust, im planing to replace it with a preformance one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
where you gonna cut it?

just got a new(used) motor/trans for rebuild and the yard just torched the pipes 4" or so below the exhaust manifolds.
Was dissappointed that it was double walled and what appeared on the outside to be a 2" or 2 1/4 pipe is actually a sleeved 1 7/8.
so WTH maybe the larger exhaust system will make more of a difference now...
If you can wait, I plan on pulling mine within two weeks from the Exhaust manifolds back. If you want me to cut and measure at some particular point, let me know.
I wouldn't go by just the outside diam....

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Re: where you gonna cut it?

Bukowski=Legend said:
just got a new(used) motor/trans for rebuild and the yard just torched the pipes 4" or so below the exhaust manifolds.
Was dissappointed that it was double walled and what appeared on the outside to be a 2" or 2 1/4 pipe is actually a sleeved 1 7/8.
<snip>
Lincolns and Cadillacs used to use these kinds of pipes years ago. I think the double-wall is supposed to help quiet the exhaust tone.

I worked on a Cadillac once where the inner pipe had rotted out and folded the pipe closed. The car ran good at idle, but drove like the muffler was plugged even after the I removed the muffler to test. I then discovered the double-walled pipe deal.

Something to keep in mind if your Legend ever acts like its digestive tract is plugged.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool that would be great, i would like to know the pipe size from the beginning of the muffler, (engine)====(muffler)=(tip) the size bewteen the engine and muffler, Im planing on getting a performance one for something $100-$200 which would you prefer.

·
Registered
583 Posts
pipe sizes

next week when I pull it, I'll chop it up and take photos and give measurements for all....:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts