Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i replace menual temp control in auto ?

is that possible ? i have 91 L

thanx

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
It's "possible", but it's very involved, rather difficult, and would probably turn out to be quite expensive.

Many have wondered the same; none have yet accomplished this (that I know of). It's just too complicated due to different sensors and stuff that need to be installed.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
DJPolak said:
can i replace menual temp control in auto ?
is that possible ? i have 91 L thanx
To replace it with a different unit : Yes and No !

NO: Cuz, here are two totally different systems available.
The "L" type as ´Non-Climate Control System´ and the "LS" type as ´Climatic Control System´. All these units contains various sensors which have to be added or replaced and also complete different wiring.

Yes: If you have enough bucks !!! (like Peter said)
Mike / Cologne

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I was looking in my Helm manual today to see the difference between the auto and manual climate controls and they dedicated about 20 pages seperately to each system, including troubleshooting. By that, I'm guessing there is a significant enough difference between the two systems that warrent such an approach.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The A/C - Heater Assy carries different part numbers. Most Asian vehicles have wiring harnesses which are model specific so this could probably entail having to replace the main, dash, and cowl - front harnesses. The cost of the conversion would not be in the parts (if you could find a suitable donor vehicle having all working components) but in the labor having to R&I the other harnesses, unit, and sensors. The other issue is that you would have to make certain that every fastener, screw, bolt, and nut was saved and the only way to do this would be to remove the Auto Climate system yourself. This would be a major rewiring job and not for a DIY having less than expert knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.