Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to make an offer on a 1991 Legend L. IS this model fast? can it be made faster or fast via chip? It only has 90000 miles and looks almost new. I drove it and it really does not have a great take off. I understand Legends do not, but can i improve on it with after market parts. I do not want to spend more than $800.00 on after market parts to make faster. Let me know. I think i am picking it up tonight.

thank you:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
not fast but it'll put you back in ur seat no doubt

dunno if it's just me or wat...but when i floor the car with my whole foot on the pedal...it doesn't seem to accelerate as much as when i punch it with the tip of my toes...i feel being pushed back into the seat more! ...i think it's just me but if you wanna feel fast ...try that :D ...i also got a 91L white coupe...legends turn heads so drive slowly so the chicks can check you out as well...hahaha

·
Registered
629 Posts
Fast??? well for me comin from drving a 1987 golf gt, 1988 corolla dx, and 1993 ford explorer, at first it seemed crazy fast. When I got my 91 L coupe, I enjoyed not having to work the hell out of it to get up to speed. It doesen't seem as fast as it once did, but one thing it doesen't do is dissapoint. You picked a great car, sure there aren't 4 different types of tailights, Or several forced induction kits, but for the money you are gonna pay for the L, you won't find another car that offers everything the legend does. Also Look around on this Legend forum, I must say, not bad, even with the horrible aftermarket.
Just like in the Ford thunderbird commercial, when the guy in the Lotus Esprit wants to race. Of course the lotus is much faster, but after the lotus is gone the guy in the T-bird picks up the chick that flags the race and cruises away. The legend won't kill a true sports car, but hey the ladies like it.
As this one honey said "I like this a lot better than my boyfriend's civic" nuff said

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
mine is ...

my 91 L coupe with 236,000 kms has beaten my friend's 02 is300 ... and we're both auto and stock ...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Cold Air Intake + Chip should improve the low end torque to meet your standard. Running good motor oil, flushing the tranny, and resetting the ECU should also help:)

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Type IIs are faster (30 more horses) but you can add that. DV8 is workin on headers. there are really not a lot of aftermarket parts for a legend. not to discourage you, cuz u will be a smooth pimp in an L. if you really want speed, get a 95 LS coupe with the 6 speed. then modify that. In my L sedan i have hosed bimmers, stock mustangs and even a camaro. you can punk people, you just have to pick your fights right. have fun joinin the legend community
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thank you for all the feedback. i bought a 1991L on ebay. 62000 miles only. one owner. I had my cousin drive it and he told me the interior and engine compartment look new. The best part is that i only paid $7,400.00. I ran carfax and it is clean and it also comfirmed one owner. Well, i got my car, now i want to get it home and start some mods. First, muffler and CAI. Then, chip and that will be it for performance mod. Later i might think about rims and tires and a 1" drop. Another question, does anyone know a reliable and reasonable carrier to get my car from Florida to Los Angeles? Let me know and thank you again.

G

·
claus44 said:
Cold Air Intake + Chip should improve the low end torque to meet your standard. Running good motor oil, flushing the tranny, and resetting the ECU should also help:)
How does resetting the ECU help?

Also, how does the chip benefit in the low end torque?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
How does resetting the ECU help?

Also, how does the chip benefit in the low end torque?
Resetting the ECU doesn't help, and the dinan chip just advances timing. I guess some people have dynoed about 7hp and 10tq above stock or something like that to the wheels with the chip.

As for takeoffs on an auto legend, a torque converter should solve that problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts