Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am the 1st owner, the car’s radio was working previously when I parked it in 2016. the ABS was working too. Now I want to put it back on road, every thing works but the radio has no sound, the power antenna is not working, the ABS worming light will not go off. I took the back seat off to get the amplifier and tested follow the web you tube posting, it seem ok. Before I pull the radio out, I want to know what this recall was, what is exactly this sub amplifier kit is? any owner knows please respond.

about the ABS, I read the whole diagnose from the manual, I notice that if there is a low voltage to the control unit, it may give a warning code, of course the car has no power from the battery for a long time, also the manual says if remove all the bolts used to bolt the control unit on the back frame, the code Or codes Will be lost, I wonder anyone knows if the control unit loss all it memory, will the ABS warning light off? I have pulled all reinstalled all the related fuses but can not as some of our Members said that it may fix the light problem, it is not. I haven’t get around to find the problem code yet. I appreciated any comment and help.

I am in vancouver, Canada

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, I am the 1st owner, the car’s radio was working previously when I parked it in 2016. the ABS was working too. Now I want to put it back on road, every thing works but the radio has no sound, the power antenna is not working, the ABS worming light will not go off. I took the back seat off to get the amplifier and tested follow the web you tube posting, it seem ok. Before I pull the radio out, I want to know what this recall was, what is exactly this sub amplifier kit is? any owner knows please respond.

about the ABS, I read the whole diagnose from the manual, I notice that if there is a low voltage to the control unit, it may give a warning code, of course the car has no power from the battery for a long time, also the manual says if remove all the bolts used to bolt the control unit on the back frame, the code Or codes Will be lost, I wonder anyone knows if the control unit loss all it memory, will the ABS warning light off? I have pulled all reinstalled all the related fuses but can not as some of our Members said that it may fix the light problem, it is not. I haven’t get around to find the problem code yet. I appreciated any comment and help.

I am in vancouver, Canada
The radio issue is probably that at some point you lost power, changed battery, etc., and needs the security code entered. If the display says “CODE”, that’s what it is. It’ll be in the original owner’s manual. If not, you’ll have to bring it to a dealership. They shouldn’t charge you to give you the unlock code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The radio issue is probably that at some point you lost power, changed battery, etc., and needs the security code entered. If the display says “CODE”, that’s what it is. It’ll be in the original owner’s manual. If not, you’ll have to bring it to a dealership. They shouldn’t charge you to give you the unlock code.
Thank you, I have the unlock code, after the code is in, the radio display comes on, can select whatever functions but no sound, the cassette will run but no sound. that was several days ago, yesterday when I turned the radio on, I can hear the relay in the Amp kick on and off continuously and the power antenna going up and down simultaneously, but still no sound. then I turned the radio off, when I turned on the radio again, now, the display will not light anymore, the cassette tape will not run continuously but in short strokes, sounds like power on and off continuously. I have measured that there is no trigger power from the radio to the amplifier any more. I have pulled the radio off, it is clean , opened the top and back, circuit board no rust or burn or loose point. There is a BP din socket to the radio , anybody can tell me what this BP din socket for? may be that is the problem. Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever can suggest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts