Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SORRY GUYS I JUST SOLD MY G1 AND BOUGHT ME A 5SPEED 1993 HONDA ACCORD EX......IT HAS 140 HORSE FROM THE FACTORY,MY OLD G1 WAS 152 HORSE POWER AUTOMATIC OK...... I KNOWTIST BIG DIFFRENCE IN POWER,MY G1 HAD MORE POWER,BUT I THINK THE HONDA WILL BLOW IT.....WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK........

I MEAN WITH ALL THE MODS INCLUDED BECAUSE ACCORD HAS MORE **** FOR IT LIKE INTAKE ETC,FOR THE G1 IT'S HARD TO FIND THAT DRAGON AIR INTAKE...SO I WANNA KNOW IF ANYONE ON THE BOARD RACED A 1990-1993 HONDA ACCORD AND WHAT WAS THE RESULTS,AND WHICH IS A FASTER AND BETTER CAR

·
Registered
386 Posts
YES, I RACED AN ACCORD!!!!!!!!

One night, while I was in Glenn Burnie Md.. I was on my way home when this 2000-2001 Honda Accord pulls up next to me. The guy had his girlfriend and another passenger in his car. He starts revving his car signaling me he wants a race. His car is sitting a little ahead of me at the light, I look over and I could see his tachometer sitting at 3000 rpms ( its around 11 o'clock at night ). I didn't want to race him. When the light turns green he pulls off and I politely stroll off the line. Than in a split second I say to myself "What the hell" and go for it. By third gear he's getting a really good look at my taillights and we break for the next red light. I figure he has had enough but, that was not the case. When the light turns green we are at it again and by the time I shift up into third gear not only is he looking at my tail lights but, he is looking at them from a pretty nice distance. I could tell he had an exhaust on his car and that it was a four cylinder and maybe he had an intake. I didn't want to do it but, he kept asking for it.:D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yeah, the G1 Legend should beat about any stock Accord with a 4 cylinder. The only acception might be an auto 2.5 liter Legend vs. a 5 speed Accord. Even then, the Legend would probably take it once speeds got higher.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
We also own a 92 4door accord (auto) , that light green color- It's my wifes other car :D :D
All I can say is that the accord doesn't stand a chance against my g1.
I've never raced a 90-93 accord but I've raced (sort of) a 95-97 body style 4 cylinder version. The accord cut me off before we entered the entrance ramp to the highway. As we merged onto the highway I heard him floor it (I heard his big ass exhaust). So I down shifted and passed him without any problems. He looked a little pissed as I flew by him. Then of course after I slowed down and he catches up, he decides to be a big man and fly by me.

So in short- I don't think so!!
Esti:D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I've beat Accords left and right. They're p*ssy sh*t compaired to Legends. The reason why is that the 4 cylender engines can't keep the torque ratings high enough to get anywhere that fast. One thing I haven't raced yet is an Accord w/ a H22 transplant. That might be a close one. Kinda hard to call on it, but the H22 will/might take us on high end. If you wanna turbo it, good luck on that since there haven't been a rush for turbo kits for the F22 (which is what u have under the hood). I know some w/ turbo H22's in there Accords and they have gotten nothing faster then a 12 flat, I think. Sorry to see you go, but if you want more hands-on time on the engine with manifactured products, that might have been a good choice. If I got an Accord, the first thing to go would be the engine in favor for the H22 w/ tranny (and maybe a cable tranny conversion or the Type S tranny w/ LSD). Then I would save up for a T3/T4 turbo setup (along with matched fuel injectors and remapped fuel curve). Custom 3" exhaust from the downpipe back (that means straight pipe). Have room for a HUDGE racing resonator and muffler. Then I would attack the drivetrain with clutch, flywheel, and axles. Then I would tear down the engine, rebuild it with some 8.5 c/r pistons and cylender sleaves, port and polish the head, and maybe a 3 angle valve job w/ new valves. That's what I would do performance wise. Suspension wise, I would go Tein HP coilovers, tri mount front strut tower (connects both strut towers and firewall), rear strut tower/brace. Next thing is to lighten the car up as much as possible. Gut the car. Anything you don't need, throw it out. Who needs the carpet? Who needs the rear seat. GONE! Spair tire: GONE (who needs a spair when you got 4 cans of fix a flat?). Center console: Gone. Audio: Gone (the sound of your engine and the BOV will be your music). Head liner: gone. You'll have your speed wet dream come true with that.

·
Registered
867 Posts
152 horses? thats a first one

i raced a 90 accord with exhaust and intake
and mine is a 89 ls coupe

both are auto, we raced off the line and at first we were head to head but when the tranny was in 3rd gear I pulled off

even with all the mods and being that his car is lighter he couldnt beat me off the line
i know on the highway, it wont even be close

mine is all stock by the way !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx

Hey i just raced my old legend I sold today and i beat his ass maybe because has an automatic and i have a stick but i put a whooping on my old baby

·
Registered
703 Posts
My older brother used to have an '86 auto Legend. My coupe killed it every time we raced.
Even with the regular mods on a 4 cylinder Accord, I think it would have problems keeping up with a 2.7L with 5 speed at any speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
accords are nice..maybe!

i've raced an accord....his was heavily modified..i mean like body kits, lowered, exhaust..ya dee ya dee ya dee...at the red lights..were jus at it n b4 i can pass him i jus flash my hazard lights jockin him..LoLs....no way!!!!!
dave

·
Registered
332 Posts
i don't street race, but....

the 4 cylinder accords couldn't hang. my g1 was an '88 auto coupe, lowered with eibach onto 17" kosei racing senecas. the car had 278k miles when I sold it. other than the springs and wheels, the car was bone stock.

even accords with headers and exhausts don't have the dynamics of the g1 legend. stock g1's are renowned for out accelerating other, more powerful cars.

my '93 6spd has more power than the g1 had, but the g1 was definitely more sporty. the g1 is a lot more nimble.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Those G1s just are willing to go, I have a G1 Coupe Auto and a G2 Sedan TypeII Auto.. while the G2 definately has more power, the G1 just seems to want to "GO" more... feels faster in a way, It's not THAT much lighter, at least I don't think, but seems more willing to go at all speeds.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wasted quite a few accords actually

I have raced several accords ranging from the old to the new, the only one to beat me was a 2000 model (stick vs my auto) and it still was a clllooossse rave I hung on his door all the way, I wanted to take em out to freeway race but he was a chicken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts