Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased these speakers but have had no success installing them. Does anyone have experience with installing these speakers in the rear deck of a 1993 Legend L Sedan?

I can't get the Infinity 6X9 in the rear deck. I have the speaker adapters that work great but the magnet on the speaker seems to hit the cut out underneath the deck.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
First you don't need to keep posting the same topics over and over again, you can bring your old post back to top by replying to your own post.

You problem seems strange, because I have the 693.1i infinity speakers and they fit perfectly, I also tried 692.1 they also fit. Maybe they enlarged the size of the magnet in the new models, mine is 2 years old.

I do know people who had the same problem as you did with other speakers with large magnets. This is what they did. Remove the rear deck, then take a hammer and pound the back of the cut out where the magnet goes. Pound them until they move back about 1/2 inch, that's all the clearance you'll need. I think it's the only way to get speakers with oversized magnets into the back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendations

I will hack away at the rear deck. Any suggestions for the removal of a rear deck for a 93 L Sedan?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts