Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a coupe and wanted to install new speakers in the front and rear because the driver's door speaker is blown. Noticed that the rear 6X9s come with separate tweeters so I figured there is a crossover wired in somewhere. Does anyone know where? Is it passive or active? I bought 4 ohm 3 way 6X9s and I know that my system uses 2 ohm speakers. So what is the best way to wire in the new speakers? I also bought a matching set of 6.5 front speakers but haven't gotten around to opening up the door panels yet. Anything I should know about wiring up the fronts? Don't have enough money right now to upgrade the head unit and amp. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tan

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
Tan said:
I have just bought a coupe and wanted to install new speakers in the front and rear because the driver's door speaker is blown. Noticed that the rear 6X9s come with separate tweeters so I figured there is a crossover wired in somewhere. Does anyone know where? Is it passive or active? I bought 4 ohm 3 way 6X9s and I know that my system uses 2 ohm speakers. So what is the best way to wire in the new speakers? I also bought a matching set of 6.5 front speakers but haven't gotten around to opening up the door panels yet. Anything I should know about wiring up the fronts? Don't have enough money right now to upgrade the head unit and amp. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tan
I cant help you much on this, but I recommend the search function. I have found that many people have the same questions. I know this topic has come up in the past.

Good luck.

· Call me Mister
707 Posts
The tweeters have caps to block lower freqs, so they are passive.

You can switch to 4 ohm speakers all around, but SQ will suffer somewhat as the Bose system is EQ'd for the 2 ohm Bose speakers.
Total volume will likely be reduced as well, dependant upon the efficiency of the speakers you are going to use.

The front speaker switchout is fairly straightforward, but you may need to make a custom spacer as the mounting holes of the Bose speakers may not line up to the replacements.

Here is a link to wiring diagrams for proper phasing: http://24.96.59.129:8080/LEGENDtuner/repairs/stereo/BOSE_amp.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.