Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NALM '20 Seattle dreaming
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 Acura Legend GS 34k ORIGINAL MILAGE

the title says it all. this is a very nice 1994 acura legend with 34,000 original miles. i have carfax history report for this vehicle. it has been in no accidents.4dr power windows,moon roof,locks,telescopic steering column, auto seat positions (programmable),5disc pioneer cd changer, cold ac, CAR FAX and PRIOR REGISTRATION HISTORY with actual low miles. good condition pearl white paint,tan leather interior new tires. Pictures on request 561.542.4639...$6,000obo

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok, here's the deal on that car.

I first noticed this car last week being sold by another owner on Craigslist, but there were no photos (the guy later informed me that he could barely use his computer and wouldn't even attempt uploading photos). I was doing my best to get a buddy of mine, that lives 20 minutes away, to check it out for me. Unfortunately, when I finally reached him he was literally catching a flight back to WI for the weekend. So, since I dont know anyone else around the Miami area I was stuck between taking a chance on buying it sight unseen or just hoping he wouldn't sell it until my buddy got back (since the owner said if it didnt sell by Friday ,he wouldn't do anything until Monday since the car would be in the shop for the weekend for some reason).

Anyway, I ended up speaking with the first owner (who happened to be retired cop in Pompano Beach) a few times. His only reason for picking the car up in the first place was to haul around his black lab, but he ended up buying a Honda Element instead (so he never did let the dog in the car). I was told that the car had been repainted its original pearlescent white but there was over spray on the rubber (which got me wondering--why such a shoddy paint job for a supposedly 34,000 mile car!??).

I was told the car originally came from an elderly lady who's husband recently died, and apparently they were property rich and cash poor so she was selling all of his toys.

The first person to try and buy it gave him a deposit of $200 but never got back to him, so he ended up keeping his deposit. Then a few other guys showed late friday morning at the same time (4-25) and he ended up selling it for $3700. $200 more then the asking price of $3500!!! Yes --thats right--he was only looking for $3500!!! Obviously he didn't know its worth since he kept asking me why I wanted a 14 year old car for!

I ended up getting photos from the second owner to find what I missed out on. Overall it looked pretty damned good. There was a little rust bubbling underneath the paint near the back quarter (plus some slight damage/exposed metal). The interior was nearly spotless but the console looked to have a few fine-line cracks. Drivers seat look great and the other seats literally looked as though they were hardly ever sat in. (I just noticed someone posted the photos)

Bottom line is, once I saw the photos, I'm kicking myself for not taking the chance when I had the opportunity to buy it.

I was actually hoping if I didn't end up getting it that someone here would have found it and bought the car instead. But--it looks as though the buyer is going for the profit rather than keep it. -- Cant really blame him though.

·
Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
I'm probably a minority here, but even at $3,500 I would have passed on it. The mileage is great if it's legit, but the condition of the car is definitely not consistent with the odometer, or of a vehicle that has been cared for in general. First time I've ever seen rust on a Legend with that low of mileage. Pretty sad actually. And the incorrectly-badged trunklid = red flag city.

·
started with legend.com
621 Posts
I'm probably a minority here, but even at $3,500 I would have passed on it. The mileage is great if it's legit, but the condition of the car is definitely not consistent with the odometer, or of a vehicle that has been cared for in general. First time I've ever seen rust on a Legend with that low of mileage. Pretty sad actually. And the incorrectly-badged trunklid = red flag city.
I would have passed on it too. I think somebody is misrepresenting it, not telling the whole story, and if they aren't honest I'd steer clear. The trunk is from a 91-3, not lined up right and dipping down towards the driver's side. The front bumper also looks like a 91-3 as it curves back and has the white fog covers. The hood has a gap on the driver's side. Any misalignment spells accident/s. You are right about the condition not consistent with the odometer, look at the rear seatbelt stains and wear, the wear on the front door speaker grill, the wear on the carpet. If it's real mileage they didn't take care of it: look even at the scrapes on the alloys and bumpers. I cannot explain that kind of rust in Florida: I have a car just like that one from Florida and it is pristine. That one looks like it's from the northern snow states.

·
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too far for me anyways, but I do have a question...

Did you have the car repainted? Because the emblem layout in the rear are different than how the 94-95 normally are. Although that is the correct 94-95 acura logo.
its not my car. I just inquired about it off of CL

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
+1 big time.

I drove to Miami and purchased a 6 speed Gs with a BGH that had been sitting for a long time, there wasn't any rust on the car at all. I suspect this car was hit. As stated above 91-93 trunk lid and front bumper and the car just looks like (crap!) not good for 35K miles.

This Gs is just night and day compared to the black LS coupe that just sold from they North where Rust should form. FL cars just don't get rusted unless a wreck of some sort when untreated and them the rust started.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As far as the rust is concerned, I was told the elderly coupe were from (I believe) NJ, but had a winter home in FL, so the car didn't spend its entire life in FL.

In any case, after seeing all your comments about passing on it, I'm glad I went the route I did.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
As far as the rust is concerned, I was told the elderly coupe were from (I believe) NJ, but had a winter home in FL, so the car didn't spend its entire life in FL.

In any case, after seeing all your comments about passing on it, I'm glad I went the route I did.
Ahh- NJ.. Of course- that explains the rust :)
That car definitely looks a bit suspect.

·
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
agreed with my man Tyson.

RUST is something that almost 99.9% of the time will keep me from buying a vehicle.

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
definitely doesn't show 34k worth of mileage visually.....I'd pass as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.