Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not mine- just thought if it were still available someone here would be interested. This car is located very close to me and I went to look at it on Friday for a potential car for my brother as a second car. The car was in very nice condition and original senior owner in desert mist. It did show an accident along the way, but I found that from Carfax after looking at it. It must have been fixed professionally because the body and interior were about an 8.5-9 out of 10. A few small shopping cart dings- no rust. The leather was in great shape- just a little cracking on the driver's seat. It drove well. Only thing was the temp gauge was not working and he said he would bring back to the garage he had just had the oil and trans fluid changed at as since then it had not been working. He is pretty sure they did something by accident.. It would have made me very leary but the guy seemed very honest and I was at his house looking at it. The heat in the car worked fine and the hoses were all normally hot, etc so I tend to believe nothing fishy like a removed tstat but I would make sure he had that taken car of and documented that maybe the sending unit had been disconnected by accident. There were no signs of overheating that I could see and he said the car has never given him any issues. I let it idle for a long time. They had a new Lexus SUV on the driveway to replace the Legend. The timing belt has not been done so that obviously needs quick attention. He was willing to take $4500 because of it. My brother's wife put the nix on it so they unfortunately passed on the deal as much as I tried to sway them.
ACURA LEGEND GS '94 - Lthr, auto/air/sunroof, Bose sound, 81,000mi, garage kept $5000. (609) 883-5278

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
How was the paint on the car? If I pulled the dings out would I be able to bring out a showroom shine with a good wax???

Any funny smells on the interior? Leather clean??

It sounds like this is an amazing deal and might be the clean GS sedan that I'm looking for...

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if it is still available. The paint was very nice. You could tell it was a garaged car. The interior was not smoked in that I could tell and it was very clean. The dings were just shopping cart/other car door type dings. Probably a dent wizard type pereson could pull out easily enough. No rust at all..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.